Jump to navigation Jump to search
First time Visitor Info
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Culture of Cleanliness
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- (Michael D.) - Dummy / flexible rescue aide
- Posted 5/27/2014
- (Insub) Unwanted/broken toolboxes, worn out/busted luggage that has telescoping handle, Cordura strapping ie. broken ratchet straps, backpacks, bags, shoulder straps
- (Justin T.) - Full mannequin and a camera housing
- Posted 7/8/2014
- (Devin M.) - Charger for Motorola V180 / C139 (small circular connector) and Motorola L7 battery (BC60)
- Posted 8/28/2014
- New Giant Laser Cutter!
- Smart Board Pens!
- Vinyl is now priced per foot
- This is a space upgrade because it means we get more cool colors
- Follow the instructions on the wall
- Put money in the army hat
- Belt sander belt lost a tooth. Then it lost most of the other teeth.
- Sander belt is on order
- Someone did a really good job removing the safety from the table saw
- When you remove safety features put them back.
- When you leave safety features off, you endanger all other LVL1 members. You increase our insurance risk, and you personally expose every officer and member to liability.
- The quickest way to get something fixed is to let us know that it is broken! Send broken equipment reports to Broken@lvl1.org
- This includes supplies like toilet paper and soap!
- Sound Builders (fortnightly Mondays, next 9/1 8pm)
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesday 8pm)
- MakerEd Educators MeetUp (1st Wed of the Month 9/3 @ 7pm)
- JSLou Meetup (3rd Wed of the Month 8/20) http://jslou.org/
- Sewing Night - 3rd Thursday - 9/18/2014
- Bring a project, learn to sew!
- Sewing Night - 3rd Thursday - 9/18/2014
Upcoming Workshops and Events
- Civic Data Alliance Meeting Wednesday 8/27 @ LVL1
- Louisville's Code for America Brigade monthly meeting
- Open Public Data, civic engagement, hackathons, etc
- This month: Louisville Minecraft, ReSurfaced and more
- August Makership Deadline - 8/31 at 11:59pm
- More info about the Makership program at http://www.lvl1.org/makership
- Start Up Weekend Louisville - 9/19 thru 9/21
- Need help from LVL1 to man some tools
- DerbyCon - September 24 - 28
- Louisville Mini Maker Faire - September 27, 10AM - 10PM
- Applications for Exhibits: http://makerfairelou.org/makers/2014-maker-application/
Project Roll Call
5 Minute Maintenance and Cleaning
- Attendance: ~50
- Meeting Start: 8:02 PM
- Meeting Stop: 8:36 PM
- Dinner: Ben is cooking kabobs & corn
- Tour Guide: Cody
- Notes Taken by: Nathan A.
- First Time Visitors
- Welcome everyone! A few new visitors tonight!
- Equipment & Supplies Wanted
- Michael no longer needs his dummy
- Aaron needs microprocessor, microcontroller, etc. to run python
- Space Upgrades
- Raspberry Pis donated. Thank you very much!
- Space Downgrades
- Boneyard shelf collapse :(
- Regular Meetups
- JSLou meeting eleswhere.
- Sewing night happening at 7 PM
- Last Friday: No Howard the Duck but watched the Lego Movie and it was AWESOME!
- This week: Howard the Duck....maybe
- Nothing new added.
- Upcoming Workshops & Events
- Barbie Howl, member of ISSA Chapter: Convention for IT Security looking for LVL1 envolvement
- KSC and Girlscouts has a series of workshops running from now to June, monthly meetings included
- This is great for families with kids!
- FirstBuild is going to feed the makers the day before MakerFaire Louisville
- Personal financial Workshop on September 4th @ 6:30 PM
- Zander is trying to get a welding class together to meet every Sunday
- Diem? is doing testing with LED lighting every Friday until ReSurfaced
- Project Roll Call
- Brian put timelapse software on an old iPhone3 to record the shapeoko
- Aaron is working on a microprocessor that can run Python, beefier Raspberry Pi
- Cody and Charles are building quadcopter landing pads, waterproof version
- Jared is working on a device that will interface POTS with Bluetooth, collecting old landline telephones
- ReSurfaced crew is working on projecting simple video games with an RGB laser