Jump to navigation Jump to search
First time Visitor Info
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Culture of Cleanliness
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- (Michael D.) - Dummy / flexible rescue aide
- Posted 5/27/2014
- (Insub) Unwanted/broken toolboxes, worn out/busted luggage that has telescoping handle, Cordura strapping ie. broken ratchet straps, backpacks, bags, shoulder straps
- (Justin T.) - Full mannequin and a camera housing
- Posted 7/8/2014
- (Herman) - Concrete mixer, any size
- Posted 7/22/2014
- (Devin M.) - GSM Flip/Candybar/Slide phones with working LCD, preferably Motorola/SonyEricsson or Motorola V557
- Posted 8/12/2014
- New Giant Laser Cutter incoming 8/23/2014
- The quickest way to get something fixed is to let us know that it is broken! Send broken equipment reports to Broken@lvl1.org
- This includes supplies like toilet paper and soap!
Space Moving Update
- This will be the last space moving update
- Grand opening was a huge success!
- Thanks to everyone who contributed to the grand opening!
- 100 hotdogs did fit on the grill
- Still on our temporary occupancy, even though all the correct paperwork has been filed.
- Red tape at this point.
- Sound Builders (fortnightly Mondays, next 8/18 8pm)
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesday 8pm)
- MakerEd Educators MeetUp (1st Wed of the Month 8/6 @ 7pm)
- JSLou Meetup (3rd Wed of the Month 8/20) http://jslou.org/
Upcoming Workshops and Events
- Patrick's Ongoing Welding Workshops
- Raspberry Pi Foundation Visit - 8/14 at 7:00pm (???)
- Using event space upstairs!
- Ludum Dare - 8/22-8/24
- 48 hour game development jam!
- Don't feel like you need to be an expert to show up and make a really cool thing!
- New Laser Maintenance and Training Workshop - 8/23 - Time TBD
- Rabbit Laser will be giving a short workshop on maintenance and usage of our new giant laser.
- August Makership Deadline - 8/31 at 11:59pm
- More info about the Makership program at http://www.lvl1.org/makership
- DerbyCon - September 24 - 28
- Louisville Mini Maker Faire - September 27, 10AM - 10PM
- Applications for Exhibits: http://makerfairelou.org/makers/2014-maker-application/
Project Roll Call
5 Minute Maintenance and Cleaning
- Attendance: ~50
- Meeting Start: 8:00 PM
- Meeting Stop: 8:32 PM
- Dinner: Ben is cooking hot dogs, smoked sausage, hamburger, corn on the cob on Bill's grill.
- Tour Guide: Cody
- Notes Taken by: Nathan A.
- First Time Visitors
- Several new folks here! Welcome all!
- Equipment & Supplies Wanted
- Michael needs the dummy for safety training videos
- Tom has a mixer for Herman
- Phone taken care of for Devin
- Chris is looking for MAX232 ICs;
- Space Upgrades
- Aaron is setting up Ethernet for the main room and classroom! Thank you Aaron!
- Space Downgrades
- Clyde's power cord got mangled... Don't drop anything heavy on anything!
- Space Moving Update
- Yay for everyone who helped move LVL1!
- New garage door will be installed eventually; must be approved by Butchertown Historical Society...
- Regular Meetups
- Nothing new added.
- Last Friday: Watched Money Pit. No clue what move we'll watch this week... NEVERMIND! Watching Howard the Duck!
- Upcoming Workshops & Events
- Derbycon is happening on 26 & 27 (24 & 25 are classes).
- Derbycon is now SOLD OUT!
- Nothing new added.
- Project Roll Call
- Sean is getting help with sewing from Tim. He's working on a vest with lights for Burning Man!
- Jared is working on a bluetooth device to connect landline phone to a cellphone. Collecting land line phones on the concession stand.
- Gary is working on a project from 9 years ago. Working on a model dome based on Arduino. Congrats!
- Josh W. is taking his robot for Redbull's Art of Can up to Chicago this week. Good luck Josh!