Jump to navigation Jump to search
First time Visitor Info
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Culture of Cleanliness
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- (Michael D.) - Dummy / flexible rescue aide
- Posted 5/27/2014
- (Insub) Unwanted/broken toolboxes, worn out/busted luggage that has telescoping handle, Cordura strapping ie. broken ratchet straps, backpacks, bags, shoulder straps
- (Justin T.) - Full mannequin and a camera housing
- Posted 7/8/2014
- (Herman) - Concrete mixer, any size
- Posted 7/22/2014
- NEW SPACE WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!
- New Giant Laser Cutter incoming 8/23/2014
- Missing Lulzbot TAZ
- The quickest way to get something fixed is to let us know that it is broken! Send broken equipment reports to Broken@lvl1.org
- This includes supplies like toilet paper and soap!
Space Moving Update
- We are moved in!
- We have a temporary occupancy permit
- Permit is contingent on Landlord's crews pulling proper permits for sprinkler work
- Shouldn't be a problem to convert to permanent
- Still need lots of help getting ready for Grand Opening!
- Set up equipment
- Vacuum Dust
- Mop Floors
- Set up shelves
- Grand Opening: August 9th, 4pm!
- Bring your projects!
- Show off your hackerspace!
- Need signs for major equipment
- Sound Builders (fortnightly Mondays, next 8/18 8pm)
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesday 8pm)
Upcoming Workshops and Events
- Patrick's Ongoing Welding Workshops
- Raspberry Pi Foundation Visit - 8/14 at 7:00pm (???)
- Using event space upstairs!
- New Laser Maintenance and Training Workshop - 8/23 - Time TBD
- Rabbit Laser will be giving a short workshop on maintenance and usage of our new giant laser.
- August Makership Deadline - 8/31 at 11:59pm
- More info about the Makership program at http://www.lvl1.org/makership
- DerbyCon - September 24 - 28
- Louisville Mini Maker Faire - September 27, 10AM - 10PM
- Applications for Exhibits: http://makerfairelou.org/makers/2014-maker-application/
Project Roll Call
5 Minute Maintenance and Cleaning
- Attendance: ~60
- Meeting Start: 8:01 PM
- Meeting Stop: 8:50 PM
- Dinner: None
- Tour Guide: Cody
- Notes Taken by: Nathan "Rockets Guy" A.
- First Time Visitors
- A ton of new people here! Welcome everyone!
- Huge round of applause for everyone who helped make the move happen!
- Equipment & Supplies Wanted
- Herman is looking to borrow the concrete mixer
- Josh W. needs arms and legs for legs and arms for Queen RedBull this week
- Space Upgrades
- Bill brought in his 100 hotdog grillin' grill for food cooking. DO NOT USE FOR SCIENCE!!!!
- Space Downgrades
- Lulzbot TAZ is still missing
- Space Moving Update
- Bathrooms are no longer in our space. Woot!
- Still need help cleaning out drywall dust. Need to vacuum and mop!
- PLEASE HELP SETUP WOOD SHOP AND METAL SHOP!!!
- RFID has not been setup completely. Brad is working on it this week.
- Garage door is still being discussed...
- Need permission to put antennas up. Need a plan for roof access.
- Leak has not been fixed yet. Working on it.
- Regular Meetups
- Movie night: Watched Sherlock on BBC and Youtube.
- This week: Watching Money Pit!
- Upcoming Events
- Congrats to Jared for winning last month's makership! He'll be building a bluetooth adapters for POTS phones.
- Ben H. is having a planning meeting for the Louisville Mini Makerfaire.
- Ben H. is working with Resurface Project to take over a block downtown and install some interactive art & events.
- Danielle is trying to start up the ConMen group to help promote LVL1 at all the events we're invited to.
- Daniel is working on Startup Weekend for September 19.
- Project Rollcall
- Brad is working on RFID system.
- Danielle recaps Detroit Makerfaire
- Butterscotch was mourned b/c she was not working :(
- Charles ran out of business cards for his surface mount TV-B-Gone
- Cindy's tri-life project was successful too!
- Joseph is going to resurrect Butterscotch!!!
- Power tool race is happening again at the Mini Makerfaire.
- Paul bought a turbo engine and imported it from the UK. He's going to put it in a voltswagon rabbit. Working on fuel consumption gear.
- Chris is working with Jasper, a raspberry pi voice recognition. In conjunction with it, he's working with the RS232 protocol on the LED boards that we donated and will light this space up like Vegas.
- Cody and Charles are working on version two of the quadcopter pads. MOAR LEDS!!!!!
- Ben H. is making a 3x3 grid infinity mirror.
- Jared needs lots of telephones, caller id recognition, and other POTS equipment.
- Divinity says Congrats to the Pulse Project team!
- Gary finally got started working with the Atmel ATTINY chip. He changed the logic in a chip to prevent a device from blowing fuses after 9 years.