Tuesday Dinner 20150804 Waffles
Served for Tuesday Dinner on 2015-08-04.
- 1 3/4 C All-Purpose Flour
- 1 T Baking Soda
- Pinch Salt
- 1 3/4 C Milk
- 2 Eggs, Separated
- 1/2 C Vegetable Oil
- Mix dry ingredients together in large bowl.
- Separate eggs; yolks into medium bowl, whites into small bowl.
- Mix wet ingredients together in medium bowl with egg yolks.
- Add wet to dry, stirring only just enough to combine, lumps are okay. (Over-mixing causes waffles to be chewy.)
- Whisk egg whites with electric mixer until firm (2 minutes..?)
- Fold egg whites into batter, ensuring air bubbles are not popped.
- Spray waffle iron with Pam, Fill waffle iron with batter, cook until done, repeat until batter is gone.
Serve with syrup: waffles contain no sugar alone, so they are not sweet at all; optionally add pecans, blueberries, whatever you want to the iron before scooping batter.
Notes and Variations
This recipe is a family heirloom, my grandfather made waffles like this and passed the recipe along to my dad, and he made them like this for me, now I pass it along to my LVL 1 family. -Ned
Recipe was doubled to feed crowd at LVL 1.