Tuesday Dinner 20140401 Chicken Salad Sandwiches
Served for Tuesday Dinner on 2014-04-01.
- 3 lb boneless skinless chicken
- olive oil
- 2 apples
- juice of one lemon
- 1 jar mayonnaise
- 2 oz pine nuts
- 1 lb red seedless grapes
- 8 oz frozen peas
- 8 oz frozen corn
- 8 oz shredded cheddar cheese
- rosemary to taste
- thyme to taste
- garlic and herb seasoning to taste
- salt and pepper to taste
- Chop chicken and cook in skillet with olive oil over medium heat.
- Core and chop apples.
- Juice lemon and toss apples in juice until coated.
- Halve grapes.
- Combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl and mix evenly.
Notes and Variations
Serve with white, wheat, and sourdough bread. For a vegetarian version, firm tofu may be substituted for chicken. If there is not enough juice to cover apples, some water may be added. Chicken may be cooked with additional fresh garlic, herbs and spices, and/or baked instead of cooked in a skillet.