Back to list of Equipment
- Owner/Loaner: LvL 1
- Serial Number: 853507
- Make/Model: DCF885
- Arrival Date: 12-22-13
- Usability: brand new
- Contact: Broken@Lvl1.org
- Where: Dewalt Bag: Power Tool Locker in woodshop
When to Use
- This tool is specially engineered to do one job: drive screws. Impact drivers can drive long, large fasteners—including fat lag screws.
- The impact driver uses both bit rotation and concussive blows to power-drive screws through the thickest, densest woods.
- Impact drivers typically deliver two to three times more turning force (torque) than the average drill/driver.
- If you're planning projects that require driving a ton of screws, or a lot of very large or long screws, then consider an impact driver.
- If precise hole placement, size, and roundness are crucial, then stick with a drill and regular drill bits.
How to Use
- Install the bit Hold the drill in one had and grab the black tip connector counterclockwise to loosen the bit and add the appropriate socket on the tool. Turn clockwise to tighten the bit into place.
- Drilling Grab the tool firmly in your main hand and apply even pressure while drill is on.
- Use proper safety equipment related to your project including eye & ear protection and gloves.