Welcome to LVL1!
- Scan the QR code on the table by the door and enter your license plate numbers to keep from getting a ticket. This is for everyone who uses the space.
- This applies 24/7, and must be done each time you visit, every six hours.
People getting caught being awesome and doing things for the space.
- Everyone - being here!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting!!!!
- 8$ for a large! That's the only size we have!
- See Tiffany
- If you're another size, we have a sewing area!
The Tim VanSant Makership: LVL1's Makership Program
- This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. If you are not a member and want to do a makership:
- Apply at https://lvl1.org/makership/ and apply via firstname.lastname@example.org
- Application deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Become a regular member of LVL1.
- Get 3 months of membership and up to $100 of project cost reimbursements!
- If you are a member, you can set up a monthly donation to the makership fund! See the treasurer to set this up.
- Members: please talk up the Makership to potential new members.
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month.
- Send any questions about how to submit a successful application to https://lvl1.org/makership/. We want to award a Makership!
- Makership approved for Linda Erzinger
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- If something is broken or needs to be replaced, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- The front door is broken
- Members are responsible for their guests and any other non-members they host.
- Please make sure guests sign the waiver.
- Member hosts are empowered to ask visitors who do not conduct themselves according to LVL1's policies and community standards to leave.
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- Turn things off and lock the space when you leave
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
- READ the Members' List. This is how we alert you to important safety and policy things happening at the space.
- Questions? Please contact a board member or the Members' List.
- If you see something say something.
- If something is broken or needs to be restocked, email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it.
- Do not leave equipment running unattended.
- Clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!
- Do not take the furniture outside!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- There is a list of 5 minute tasks on the whiteboard.
Do NOT cause odors in the space
- Be Excellent to our neighbors that share the building with us, and DO NOT work on projects that will disrupt parts of the building that aren't ours.
- If you are hosting guests at the space, you are responsible them!
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors?
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Please sign the waiver! We have dangerous tools that can cause serious injury if not used correctly and carefully. We're not responsible if you hurt yourself with them!
- We recommended following CDC guidelines about health and safety
- Minors must be supervised at all times.
- Animals also must be supervised at all times.
- Means of communication - https://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is https://lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: https://wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- email@example.com - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Something broken? Does something need to be restocked?
- email@example.com - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- There will be a tour at the end of the Meeting.
Regular Weekly Meetups
You too can organize a weekly/monthly meetup! Talk to a member or director and we can get you set up!
- LVL1 Open Meeting, 8:00pm - where you are right now!
- Directors Meeting, September 19, 9:00pm - In the classroom and open to the public following the regular weekly meeting, come see how the sausage is made, the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Derby City Py, August 24, 6:30pm - Meet and discuss all things Python the 4th Thursday of each month.
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night, 8ish? - This is happening in the space. C'mon in and be safe. The best night to be in the space to meet folks and learn something.
- Death to Smoochy (2002)
- Asteroid City (2023)
- The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)
You too can organize an event! See the Hosting Guide on our website: https://lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
- September 16, 10:00am to 6:00pm - Maker Faire Louisville - See Danielle for more information and to volunteer
Making something cool?
Need help or materials for a project?
Have materials looking for a project?
Tell us about it!