Jump to navigation Jump to search
First Time Visitor Info
- Are there any 1st time visitors? Tour at the end of Meeting.
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- LVL1 Means of Communication
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Wan't to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Send email to email@example.com Anyone can receive the email!
- Culture of Cleanliness - Clean up after yourself. Get a FREE Clorox Wipe!
- Includes clean tables, surfaces.
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase. Shop at smile.amazon.com: pick us as your nonprofit; some proceeds come our way.
- Amazon Prime day.
- Builders of the 3D Printers. Kevin and Andy. Anyone else?
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- I’m looking for someone to build a low-tech & high tech sensory board for our Alzheimer’s/Dementia patients. Something like a light bright meets activity board. Micheal Buckman Nazareth home in Clifton. If interested contact Brian
- The 3D printers are here, assembled and soon to be operational.
- There will be 3 new PCs added to the laser/3d printer area. each piece of equipment will have it's own computer. No more log jams at the laser stations
- The dust collection system upgrade is moving along
- The end mills for the shop bot have arrived
If you need anything fixed or something needs to be repaired or replaced please email Broken@lvl1.org
Regular Weekly Meetups
Night of The Hat (Fortnightly Mondays, next 7/24 @ 8 PM) *** Learn to solder, work on Inter-hackerspace "Naval Strategy Game", Kittens, and open making. Louisville Soundbuilders (fortnightly Mondays, next meet up is 8/1 @ 8pm (ARE THESE DATES CORRECT?)
LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesdays @ 8pm) Learn-a-thing before the Open Meeting Directors Meeting (3rd Tuesday of the month, 7/18 @ 9pm in classroom) Next Week!
Derby Py Meetup ** Discussion of Python related topics (4th Thursday of the month, next 7/27 @ 6:30) https://www.meetup.com/derbypy/ Meetup Drone Meetup - (4th Thursday, next 7/27 @ 8 PM) Talk shop, fix your drone, and take flight! http://www.meetup.com/Louisville-Drone-Group Meetup
The "Oh Shit Hack-a-Thon" 1 week before Makerfaire Detroit is this upcoming Friday!!!!! July 21st! Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (Friday @ 8pm) or you could Watch a terrible movie and ignore your project! Or maybe work on your project and ignore a terrible movie... The choice is yours. Pizza and Chinese are usually ordered at approximately at 7:30p (~$7/person) Chinese is approx. (~$9/person)
FRIDAY NIGHT is also Fix It Friday
Bring your Broken stuff to Ben!
Upcoming Workshops and Other Events
- The OH SHIT it is one week before Detroit and Vegas Hack-a-Thon will be taking place on July 21-23 (you must submit a project to eligible for a prize)
- Detroit Maker Faire and Las Vegas Defcon July 28th-30th
- Derby Con 9/20-9/24
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire will take place October 7-8 at the historic Hamilton County Fairgrounds.
- Louisville Mini Maker Faire - Mid October
- City Hackathon also this Saturday. At the Gigibyte experience center??? More info coming later.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- August Makership Application Deadline - Sunday, 7/31 @ 11:59 PM, if you'd be interested in peer reviewing the applications and being on the Makership selection committee.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- Congratulations to Tim VanSant, June's Makership Recipient. Plans on doing some sweet CNCing!
New Members! Welcome aboard!!!
SHOW AND TELL!
- Good bye Mike!
- war on dust!
- Meeting Start:
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide:
- Notes Taken: