Welcome to LVL1!
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers! Shout outs this week go to:
- (almost) Everyone for staying home and not spreading the plague!
- Since these people are, by definition, not present, we shall all applaud when we come back to the space after the plague goes away.
- As always, LVL1 remains available to members and their guests
- The State of Kentucky has stepped up the social distancing campaign, so please avoid large group gatherings
- Our normal public events and meetups are postponed until further notice
- Keep washing your hands and sanitizing surfaces as appropriate
- If you must use the space, please be courteous to your fellow hackers by maintaining physical distance (ideally 6 feet)
- If you are at high risk or have symptoms, please stay home
- You can follow the state's information and response at www.kycovid19.ky.gov
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. Please submit an application to become a member of LVL1! See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of LVL1 membership and $100 reimbursement toward your project expenses.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this worthy cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- CONGRATULATIONS TO VINCE, The Bird Man, recipient of January's Makership Award!! :-)
- The Lulzbot Taz 3D printer is down for repairs.
- PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT. If you do remove them, PLEASE PUT THEM BACK WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED!
- Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- If your project is too big for the table saw, make a smaller project.... or ask for help.... or use outfeed rollers... but just please DO NOT hurt yourself being unexcellent and unsmart.
Community safety is more important than your personal convenience.
- If something is broken or needs replaced, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be inserted into the Matrix to power our recent wood shop and metal shop upgrades
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- email@example.com - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- email@example.com - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!!!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- FREE stickers by the sign-in station! (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
Due to health concerns, our normal public events and meetups are postponed until further notice, but here is what a normal week looks like:
- Louisville Sound builders - fortnightly Mondays at 8:00pm, next one on 3/23/2020 (hosted by Chris Cprek)
- Make things that make noise!
- Night of The Hat - fortnightly Mondays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm, next one on 3/30/2020 (hosted by The Hat)
- Soldering, Open making
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 9:00pm, next one on 4/21/2020 - Canceled for March
- Everyone in the LVL1 community is welcome to attend!
- Woodshop Wednesday! Currently doing ongoing upgrades, cleanup and maintenance. (hosted by PAUL!!!!1)
- Power Racing Series - Back in action on Wednesdays, building our 2020 car, usually beginning around 7:00 pm to about 10 or 11:00pm (hosted by Ned and/or David)
- Build an electric Go-kart out of a PowerWheels, travel regionally to MakerFaires to race against other teams who have done the same
- Code Night - in the classroom 6:00pm to 8:00pm (hosted by Rob)
- All languages are welcome.
- OPEN CODE NIGHT WILL NOT BE MEETING THIS WEEK; please see us next week at our regularly scheduled time and place :-)
- Threadsday Thursday - every Thursday Night, 7:00pm to 9:00 pm (back to our regularly programmed schedule), (hosted by Madeline)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - every Friday at 8:00pm
- Watch a movie of wildly varying degrees of quality
- Or be subjected to YouTube Hour with ████████████
- Bring a project work on while you ignore the movie
- Conversely, ignore your project while you watch the movie
- Group food order usually placed around 7:00pm
- Last Friday, we started to watch an educational documentary about swine flu
- it was considered too depressing
- we switched to YouTube videos about architecture
- that eventually stopped and we just played board games
- Fermentation Friday (hosted by Paul and Cave Troll)
- All things fermented!
- Fix It Friday (by appointment only)
- Let us know at tonight's meeting that you'd like help with a repair, or post a request on our Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1), so we know to expect you and what you need repaired.
- Cosplay United Workshop, one per month, first or second Saturday (next one on 4/4/2020) of the month - noon to 4:00pm, (hosted by Randy)
- Cosplay United Open Build, one per month, third or fourth Saturday (next one on 3/21/2020) of the month - noon to 4:00pm, (hosted by Randy)
- Postponed: Laser Training (hosted by Marcin)
- Topics to include hardware and software operation
- Each attendee will make their own name badge
- Postponed: Space Improvement Day! (hosted by Steff)
- We'll have a list of projects, including covering more windows, hanging the TV. If you have ideas for a project, see Steff or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Postponed: Fort Kick-@$$ Build (hosted by Steff)
- Postponed: Hot and Spicy Fest!! (hosted by Tim)
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!
- See a director for t-shirts ($10 - cheap)!
- Tour starting by the front door!
- Attendance: __ people, __ new
- Meeting Start: 8:00
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide: