Welcome to LVL1!
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers! Shout outs this week go to:
- Brian and Andy - hosting the micro weather station workshop!
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. Please submit an application to become a member of LVL1! See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of LVL1 membership and $100 reimbursement toward your project expenses.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this worthy cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- CONGRATULATIONS TO VINCE, The Bird Man, recipient of January's Makership Award!! :-)
- The Lulzbot Taz 3D printer is down for repairs.
- PLEASE DO NOT REMOVE THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT. If you do remove them, PLEASE PUT THEM BACK WHEN YOU'RE FINISHED!
- Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- If your project is too big for the table saw, make a smaller project.... or ask for help.... or use outfeed rollers... but just please DO NOT hurt yourself being unexcellent and unsmart.
Community safety is more important than your personal convenience.
- If something is broken or needs replaced, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
- Member hosts are responsible for the space and non-member guests
- Member hosts are free to not admit problem non-members
- Please continue to keep the doors locked
- More details on the Members' List
- Do not circumvent safety mechanisms
- Let the smoke vent from the machine before opening
- If you must open the side panels to accomodate oversized material, be sure fumes are not escaping
- Stinking up the neighbors' space is a lease violation!
- Don't use the laser at over 80% power
- Don't use the laser at high power for long periods
- Ceiling Cat (security camera) is watching you laser!
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be inserted into the Matrix to power our recent wood shop and metal shop upgrades
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- email@example.com - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- email@example.com - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!!!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- FREE stickers by the sign-in station! (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- Louisville Sound builders - fortnightly Mondays at 8:00pm, next one on 3/9/2020 (hosted by Chris Cprek)
- Make things that make noise!
- Night of The Hat - fortnightly Mondays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm, next one on 3/16/2020 (hosted by The Hat)
- Soldering, Open making
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 9:00pm, next one on 3/21/2020
- Open to the public!
- Woodshop Wednesday! Currently doing ongoing upgrades, cleanup and maintenance. (hosted by paul)
- Power Racing Series - Back in action on Wednesdays, building our 2020 car, usually beginning around 7:00 pm to about 10 or 11:00pm (hosted by Ned and/or David)
- Build an electric Go-kart out of a PowerWheels, travel regionally to MakerFaires to race against other teams who have done the same
- Code Night - in the classroom 6:00pm to 8:00pm (hosted by Rob)
- All languages are welcome.
- OPEN CODE NIGHT WILL NOT BE MEETING THIS WEEK; please see us next week at our regularly scheduled time and place :-)
- Threadsday Thursday - every Thursday Night, 7:00pm to 9:00 pm (back to our regularly programmed schedule), (hosted by Madeline)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - every Friday at 8:00pm
- Watch a movie of wildly varying degrees of quality
- Or be subjected to YouTube Hour with ████████████
- Bring a project work on while you ignore the movie
- Conversely, ignore your project while you watch the movie
- Group food order (usually pizza, $7/person, or Chinese, $9/person) usually placed around 7:30pm
- Last Friday, ████████████ was again absent. Our glorious 4k TV was again dark. Anarchy is gaining a foothold. There is no order. No concern for the public welfare. This may be my last entry.
- Fermentation Friday (hosted by Paul and Cave Troll)
- All things fermented!
- Fix It Friday (by appointment only)
- Let us know at tonight's meeting that you'd like help with a repair, or post a request on our Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1), so we know to expect you and what you need repaired.
- Cosplay United Workshop, one per month, first or second Saturday (next one on 3/7/2020) of the month - noon to 4:00pm, (hosted by Randy)
- Cosplay United Open Build, one per month, third or fourth Saturday (next one on 3/21/2020) of the month - noon to 4:00pm, (hosted by Randy)
- Saturday, March 14, 11-2 Space Improvement Day! (hosted by Steff)
- We'll have a list of projects, including covering more windows, hanging the TV. If you have ideas for a project, see Steff or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Saturday, March 21, 12:00-?, Fort Kick-@$$ Build (hosted by Steff)
- Sunday, March 22, 7-10pm, Hot and Spicy Fest!! (hosted by Tim)
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!
- See a director for t-shirts ($10 - cheap)!
- Tour starting by the front door!
- Attendance: __ people, __ new
- Meeting Start: 8:00
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide: