Welcome to LVL1!
'We always start our meetings with shoutouts'
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers! Shout outs this week go to:
- Kevin Price- Updating the router and firewall, assisted in doing some firmware updates on a couple of the 3d printers.
- Ben Hibben- For an awesome class on KiCAD and for going beyond the class and creating customized microcontrollers (ESP8266) for my project that I am working on. Big shout to Ben from Sandy on a great class.
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
'We need to AWARD a Makership!'
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. Please submit an application to become a member of LVL1! See our treasurer, make a donation.
- Members: please talk up the Makership to potential new members. Makerships are a good way to interest minorities and women in LVL1. Emphasize the experience and the opportunity. Getting a project done is less important.
- Makership Application Deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of LVL1 membership and a $100 reimbursement toward your project expenses.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership. Also, send any questions about how to submit a successful application to www.lvl1.org/makership. We want to award a Makership!
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month.
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this worthy cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- BIQU 3d printer firmware issue.
- Broken switch on the shopbot.
- The hinges on the Rabbit Laser - in transit.
- Resources, manuals, tutorials, and information are available in multiple places, such as on two computer desktops, the wiki, the members list, the hackerspace group....
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- QUIT REMOVING THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT.
- If something is broken or needs replaced, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
- Member hosts are responsible for the space and non-member guests
- Please make sure guests sign the waver
- Member hosts are empowered to ask visitors who do not conduct themselves according to LVL1's policies and community standards to leave
- More details on the Members' List
- Questions? Please contact a board member
First Time Visitor Info
'Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of the Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- We recommended following CDC guidelines about health and safety
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be a time-delayed glitter bomb
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- email@example.com - Something broken? Does something need to be restocked?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- email@example.com - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!!!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
Directors Meeting - Every 3rd Tuesday is the Director's Meeting and it is open to the public! 9:00 pm, in the classroom and on zoom Feb 15, 2022 is the next one
- Woolsday Wednesday !(hosted by Madeline)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - this is happening in the space. Cmon in and be safe.
'Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
Need help or materials for a project?
SHOW AND TELL!
Need a project for any materials?