Welcome to LVL1!
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers! Shout outs this week go to:
- Paul Gossen for spearheading the boneyard upgrade, including setting up more member shelving and a huge new shelving area for wood boneyard storage.
- Paul Gossen, Paul Strasser, David Ortiz-Grob, Virgil, David Gramlin, and all other helpers for the shelving work on Saturday.
- Virgil and Jim for cleaning, insulating and covering the window before the new wood boneyard shelving went up.
- Ned and David for fixing the wiring issue in the metal shop. It is now running at 110 as it should be.
- Patrick for purchasing and donating the new-to-us snack vending machine!
- Patrick for purchasing and donating the bulk of the snack machine contents!
- Patrick, Kevin, Paul Strasser, David Ortiz-Grob, Tiffany and others for cleaning, hooking up and filling the snack machine.
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline - Last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- Both Prusa 3D printers are currently inoperable.
- The Rabbit Laser HAS BEEN UPGRADED!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn the new system before using the laser.
- Also, PLEASE DO NOT operate the laser above 70% power. EVER!!!
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- QUIT REMOVING THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT.
- If your project is too big for the table saw, make a smaller project.
Community safety is more important than your personal convenience.
- If something is broken or needs replaced, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be converted to non-minors by a TARDIS or DeLorean as available
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- email@example.com - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- email@example.com - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!!!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- FREE stickers by the sign-in station! (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- Louisville Sound builders - fortnightly Mondays at 8:00pm, next one on 1/27/2019 (hosted by Chris Cprek)
- Make things that make noise!
- Night of The Hat - fortnightly Mondays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm, next one on 1/20/2020 (hosted by The Hat)
- Soldering, Open making
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 9:00pm, next one on 1/21/2020
- Open to the public!
- Dust Collector! We have some exciting ideas for the miter saw in the works. (hosted by Paullllll)
- Code Night - in the classroom 6:00pm till 8:00pm (hosted by Rob)
- All languages are welcome.
- Threadsday Thursday - every Thursday Night, 7:00pm to 9:00 pm (back to our regularly programmed schedule), (hosted by Madeline)
- Power Racing Series - Back in action on Thursdays, building our 2020 car, usually beginning around 7:00 pm to about 10 or 11:00pm (hosted by Ned or David)
- Build an electric Go-kart out of a PowerWheels
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - every Friday at 8:00pm
- Watch a movie of wildly varying degrees of quality
- Or be subjected to YouTube Hour with ████████████
- Bring a project work on while you ignore the movie
- Ignore your project while you work on the movie
- Group food order (usually pizza, $7/person, or Chinese, $9/person) usually placed around 7:30pm
- Last Friday, we watched _____________________________________________ (witness our usual Weekly Amnesia Challenge as we all try to remember what movie was watched 4 nights ago!)
- Fix It Friday (by appointment only)
- Let us know at tonight's meeting that you'd like help with a repair, or post a request on our Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1), so we know to expect you and what you need repaired.
- Cosplay United workshops, one per month, generally first Saturday (sometimes second Saturday) of the month - noon to 4:00pm, (hosted by Randy)
- Cosplay United open builds, one per month, generally third Saturday (sometimes fourth Saturday) of the month - noon to 4:00pm, (hosted by Randy)
- January 29, 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.: Hardware Happy Hour - Circuit Playground Workshop, in the classroom, hosted by Brad Lyuster
- January 29, beginning 7:00ish, Woodshop Lathe training, hosted by Small Paul (aka Paul Strasser)
- February 8, 11:00am - 2:00pm, Space Improvement Day - working on covering/insulating windows
- FOOD WILL BE PROVIDED, build-your-own-pasta bar! Please come help us help our space!!
- February 8, 12 noon to 6:00 p.m.: Star Wars: Mandolorian Armor workshop, in the classroom
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!
- See a director for t-shirts ($10 - cheap)!
- Tour starting by the front door!
- Attendance: 23 people
- Meeting Start: 8:00
- Meeting Stop: 8:48
- Tour Guide: no tour tonight, no new people