Welcome to LVL1!
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers!
- Cody, Paul, Paul for the complete woodshop overhaul and cleanup.
- Paul Gossen for cleaning out the dust collector. It's working MUCH better now, thank you!
- Andy, for three years of dedicated service as secretary of LVL1. We couldn't have done it without you!!
- Andy for fixing the Prusa printer that was down.
- Virgil for creating and welding the air-conditioner mount for the exterior of the metal shop.
TONIGHT IS ELECTION NIGHT!!
- We are voting on three major issues: Board members (4 officers and 3 directors at large), a packet bylaw change (several small changes in one packet), and our 2020 budget.
- Electronic voting is now closed. If you did not submit your votes electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org by last night at midnight, then please vote by paper ballot tonight.
- If you submit a paper ballot tonight, please vote yea (+1) or nay (-1) or neutral (do not cast a vote) on the following:
- The bylaw change as submitted (+1 yea, -1 nay, or no vote);
- The 2020 budget (vote to approve as submitted, vote to use the 2019 budget, or vote for no budget at all);
- The following nominated officers and directors (+1 yea, -1 nay, or no vote for each individual listed):
- Charles Lehman - president,
- Danielle Blank - vice-president,
- Tiffany Haynie - secretary,
- Jim Kidwell - treasurer,
- Raj Shah - director at large,
- Madeline Stevens - director at large,
- Paul Gossen - director at large.
Explanation of the election process
- Voluntary Suspension of Voting Rights
Those members who do not wish to be included in voting matters may voluntarily suspend their own voting rights by notifying the secretary in writing or electronically. Members who suspend this right retain all other benefits and responsibilities of membership, but will not count as an existing member only in matters of establishing quorum. Voting rights can be reclaimed at any time by notifying the secretary or by casting a vote on any issue, and from that point on they shall remain counted towards quorum unless and until they voluntarily suspend their voting rights again.
Quorum for a vote of the membership of LVL1 shall require at least 50% of the existing membership, not including those which have voluntarily suspended their voting rights and those who have been removed from quorum count for inactivity, on the day of the vote. For the purposes of calculating the quorum, properly submitted proxy statements by members shall count as attendance.
- Removal from Quorum count for inactivity
Within 30 days after each annual meeting, the Secretary or Vice President shall send notice to all members who have not voted in the preceding two board elections notifying them that they will no longer be counted towards quorum unless they notify the Secretary within 30 days. Those members who do not respond affirmatively within 30 days will no longer count towards quorum. Those members can restore their quorum count by notifying the Secretary or by voting in the next board election.
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline - Last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- Jointer is back up and running, and has its own dedicated dust collector.
- Prusa printer is back up and running. All 3D printers are now working. Thank you, Andy, for keeping that up to date :-)
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment. QUIT REMOVING THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT. If your project is too big for the table saw, make a smaller project. Community safety is more important than your personal convenience.
- Please give me as much information as possible; i/e links to websites. Consumables can be difficult to find, and I am not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be converted to non-minors by a TARDIS or DeLorean as available
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- email@example.com - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- email@example.com - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- FREE stickers by the sign-in station! (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- Louisville Sound builders - fortnightly Mondays at 8:00pm, next one on 1/27/2019 (hosted by Chris Cprek)
- Make things that make noise!
- Night of The Hat - fortnightly Mondays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm, next one on 1/20/2020 (hosted by The Hat)
- Soldering, Open making
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 9:00pm, next one on 1/21/2020
- Open to the public!
- Dust Collector! We have some exciting ideas for the miter saw in the works. (hosted by Paullllll)
- Power Racing Series - moved back to Thursdays.
- Threadsday Thursday - every Thursday Night, usually from 8:30pm to 10:00pm, (hosted by Madeline)
- Code Night - in the classroom 6:00pm till 8:00pm (hosted by Rob)
- all languages are welcome.
- Power Racing Series - Back in action; on Wednesdays now (hosted by Ned or David)
- Build an electric Go-kart out of a PowerWheels
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - every Friday at 8:00pm
- Watch a movie of wildly varying degrees of quality
- Or be subjected to YouTube Hour with ████████████
- Bring a project work on while you ignore the movie
- Ignore your project while you work on the movie
- Group food order (usually pizza, $7/person, or Chinese, $9/person) usually placed around 7:30pm
- Last Friday, we watched _____________________________________________ (witness our usual Weekly Amnesia Challenge as we all try to remember what movie was watched 4 nights ago!)
- Fix It Friday (by appointment only)
- Let us know at tonight's meeting that you'd like help with a repair, or post a request on our Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1), so we know to expect you and what you need repaired.
- January 25, beginning at 10:00 a.m.: We will need at least 4 people, and would prefer about 8, to assist in moving and adding some additional shelves. We'll be adding shelving to the members' shelves area, and setting up new-to-us shelving in the woodshop boneyard area.
- January 25, 12 noon - 4:00 p.m.: Cosplay United Open Build, in the classroom - come work on any of your cosplay costumes with us!
- January 29, 6:00 - 8:30 p.m.: Hardware Happy Hour - Circuit Playground Workshop, in the classroom
- February 8, 12 noon to 6:00 p.m.: Star Wars: Mandolorian Armor workshop, in the classroom
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!
- See a director for t-shirts ($10 - cheap)!
- Tour starting by the front door!
- Attendance: 38 people, 6 new
- Meeting Start: 8:01
- Meeting Stop: unsure, 9:00 or later
- Tour Guide: Kevin (I think)