Welcome to LVL1!
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers! Shout outs this week go to:
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. Please submit an application to become a member of LVL1! See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of LVL1 membership and $100 reimbursement toward your project expenses.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this worthy cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- Resources, manuals, tutorials, and information are available in multiple places, such as on two computer desktops, the wiki, the members list, the hackerspace group....
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- QUIT REMOVING THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT.
- If something is broken or needs replaced, please send an email to email@example.com.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
- Member hosts are responsible for the space and non-member guests
- Member hosts are empowered to ask visitors who do not conduct themselves according to LVL1's policies and community standards to leave
- More details on the Members' List
- Questions? Please contact a board member
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- We recommended following CDC guidelines about health and safety
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be a time delayed glitter bomb
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- email@example.com - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- email@example.com - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!!!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Tonight At 9:00 pm, in the classroom and on zoom
- Open to the public!
- Threadsday Thursday will be switching to Wednesdays -Starting in January!(hosted by Madeline)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night
As stated in the bylaws, "nominations are due one week before the annual meeting". Which is tonight!
The official vote will occur Tuesday, January 18th, at the 8PM meeting
There will also be a budget question on the ballot. Our two choices will be to operate in 2022 using the same budget as was used for 2021
There is a bylaw change to vote on is located here https://wiki.lvl1.org/Rules_and_Consequences
The Budget is located here `
It's that time of the year again. Time to elect new officers to lead LVL1 through 2020! This year, we'll be having elections on January 21st! This means that all nominations must be submitted by January 11th.
LVL1 is lead by a board of 4 officers, and 3 directors-at-large. You can read about the duties, responsibilities, and obligations of the positions in our bylaws, here: http://wiki.lvl1.org/Bylaws
In order to be nominated as an officer or director, you must have been a member for six consecutive months prior to January 18th. This means that anyone who joined LVL1 on or before July 19st, 2019th is eligible for nomination.
Please feel free to nominate yourself, and if you are nominated, please accept or decline your nomination.
If you have any questions for anyone who has served as an officer previously, feel free to ask away.
Nominating and voting for your next set of officers is one of the most impactful decisions you can make! LVL1 is, and always will be, a member-lead organization. Now's your chance to nominate your member-leaders, so: Have at it!
Here is what we have so far President - Andy Miller Vice President-Tim Miller Secretary-no nominees Treasurer-Tiffany Haynie Director-at-large #1-Bill Schwab (Lockadoc) Director-at-large #2-Raj Shaw Director-at-large #3-no nominees
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!