Check our Calendar to see what LVL1 hackathons are on the horizon!
- 1 How to Host a Hackathon
- 2 2019
- 3 2018
- 4 2017
- 5 2016
- 6 2015
- 7 2014
- 8 2013
- 9 2012
- 10 2010
How to Host a Hackathon
Instructions for the Host
- Contact email@example.com
- Tell us the following info:
- What you want to hack,
- What date, time, and how long the hackathon will be
- If/how you want to handle tickets (free, paid, pay-what-you-want)
- Tell us the following info:
What LVL1 Directors Will Do
- Make an Eventbrite per host request
- Publish on the following websites:
LVL1 Wiki Hackathon 2019
- LVL1 Wiki Hackathon 2019, Saturday, 12 January, 12:00 noon - 8:00pm
White Elephant Hackathon
- White Elephant Hackathon, Friday, 14 December, 8:00pm - Saturday, 15 December, 8:00pm
- Archer Hackathon, 9-10 November
Oh sh!t Maker Faire is Next Weekend Hackathon!
- [Oh Sh!t Hackathon] 7-8 September
Make Food Not War II Hackathon
- [Make Food Not War Hackathon] 24-25 August
Mad Libs Hackathon
- [Mad Libs Hackathon] 24 March
- [4:04 Hackathon] 24 February
The OH SHIT it is one week before Detroit and Vegas Hack-a-Thon
- The OH SHIT it is one week before Detroit and Vegas Hack-a-Thon - July 21-23
The Internet of Terror Hackathon
- The Internet of Terror Hackathon - 10/28-10/30 @ 4:00 PM (Friday) - 4:00 PM (Sunday)
- Hack something on the IoT to make it terrifying.
- Including the "Memes of Screams" costume hack-a-thon for if you don't know what the IoT is.
The "Oh Sh*t is MakerFaire Louisville tomorrow?" Hackathon
- The "Oh Sh*t is MakerFaire Louisville tomorrow?" Hackathon - Friday 9/9
- Now including the Install-the-Metal-Shop-Air-Conditioner-athon - 9/9 @ 2:30 PM
The "Oh Crap, is that next weekend!?" Hackathon
- The "Oh Crap, is that next weekend!?" Hackathon - Friday-Sunday, 7/22-24
- Work on a project you will be bringing to Makerfaire Detroit
MacGyver Dollar Store Hackathon
- MacGyver Dollar Store Hackathon - May 13
- Come and test your skills against the legendary MULLETTED One who saved the world once a week with stray objects.
- Some food parts will be available for assembling and consumption if you feel lucky.
Holy Smokes Hackathon
- Holy Smokes Hackathon - 11/17 thru 11/24
- Over 31,000 abandoned buildings catch fire every year and Louisville is not immune
- Spend a whole week developing a smart smoke detector prototype that can alert Metro Govt when an abandoned building is on fire
- Cash prizes up for grabs
(Midwest Regional) Stupid Shit No-One Needs and Terrible Ideas Hackathon
- Hack-The-Space Hackathon - 2/6 @ 7 pm to 2/8 @ Noon
- Make the most useless yet pretty thing to add character to the space
- Hack the Space Hackathon Results
- Jose tried to resurrect Father but fell short (last place)
- Danielle made a beret with bat ears
- Swinging couch installed
- Charles the Hat Cheated by making a laser cut LVL1 sign
- Suicidal Robots 24-hr Hackathon - 3/22, 12pm (Noon)
- Presentations happening on 3/23 at Noon
- GE Hackathon happening on Feb 8th at GE Appliance Park (Monogram Hall!).
- Will be hacking appliances and need to sign NDA.
Global Game Jam
- 48 hour Game Creation Hackathon! - January 24 - 26th
- Gamedev group and JSLou group is working on developing a game in 48 hours! Come on down! One of two sites in KY and one in 400 world wide!
Get stuff done hackathon
- Get stuff done hackathon
- Oct 25th work on your sumobot!
- Or whatever project you are doing!
Raspberry Pi Hackathon
- Raspberry Pi Hackathon: September 14th - 9am to September 15th 6pm (With break for sleep, if desired)
- Jose won the Raspi hackathon, with the Gruntmaster 6000. A mindwave headset and a screen force users to concentrate, and the setup takes their picture for posterity.
- Other entrants included a mesh network for the Internet of Things, cheap backup camera, and automated sorting conveyor.
health data brainstorming hackathon
- in association with the Knight Foundation, XLerateHealth, Greater Louisville Enterprise Corp, Louisville Quantified Self, University of Louisville School of Public Health, and University of Louisville Health Sector Management MBA Program August 24th, from 3 to 6 PM
- Suicidal Robots - August 10th.
Code for America Hackathon
- Code for America Hackathon - Feb 23rd
Make Food n̶o̶t̶ War 24 hour hackathon
- Make Food n̶o̶t̶ War 24 hour hackathon (Oct. 20-21)
Cupcake 2012 hackathon
- Cupcake 2012 hackathon
LVL1 2012 Boneyard Hackathon Summary
- LVL1 2012 Boneyard Hackathon Summary 06/15/2012 YouTube
open door hack-a-thon
- open door hack-a-thon for RFID entry and member management systems 12/11/10
- Gwoborg Hack-a-thon 10/10/10 at LVL1
- Looking for web developers to create apps for WW application directory.