Tuesday Dinner 20131217 Applesauce
Homemade applesauce to go with Aelplermagronen.
Served for Tuesday Dinner on 2013-12-17.
- 6 lb apples
- 1 c apple juice
- 6 T brown sugar
- 1 lemon
- 2 sticks cinnamon
- 4 oz raisins
- nutmeg to taste
- Core and chop apples
- Dissolve brown sugar in a small amount of apple juice.
- Simmer apples in brown sugar about 1 hour.
- Add remaining ingredients and boil, covered, for 20 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon sticks and let cool.
- Purée in a blender or with an immersion blender.
- Chill in refrigerator before serving.