Wemos D1 Mini
These are instructions to get you going on a WeMos D1 Mini.
- The Wemos D1 mini is a NodeMCU board made by wemos.cc
- It is cheap <$5!
- can be programmed using Arduino environment
- can be loaded up with MicroPython <- tricky!
- Wifi built in - Great for IoT!
- 11 digital input/output pins, all pins have interrupt/pwm/I2C/one-wire supported(except D0)
- 1 analog input(3.2V max input)
- a Micro USB connection
- Compatible with Arduino
- Compatible with nodemcu
- 4 Meg flash RAM
- Loads of shields you can buy for it. https://wiki.wemos.cc/products:d1_mini_shields
- DHT Shield
- Battery Shield
- Matrix LED Shield
- Buzzer Shield
- Dual Base
- SHT30 Shield
- WS2812B RGB Shield
- ProtoBoard Shield
- 1-Button Shield
- Micro SD Card Shield
- Relay Shield
- DC Power Shield
- Tripler Base
- Motor Shield
- OLED Shield
- product page: https://wiki.wemos.cc/products:d1:d1_mini
- purchase here: https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/D1-mini-Mini-NodeMcu-4M-bytes-Lua-WIFI-Internet-of-Things-development-board-based-ESP8266/1331105_32529101036.html
- all the shields and d1 minis are on ali express. Takes a month to get from China. Some ebay sellers in USA for faster shipping.
- you need Arduino software.
- you need CH340G driver for serial usb communication
- Download and follow instructions here: https://wiki.wemos.cc/tutorials:get_started:get_started_in_arduino
- You have to set up the board using the board manager in the Arduino software.
- Choose Tools->Board->WeMos D1 Mini
- try some programs File->Example
- use wifi manager to get online. https://github.com/tzapu/WiFiManager
- Has AP captive portal! Amazing!
- Temperature and Humidity
- Product: https://wiki.wemos.cc/products:d1_mini_shields:sht30_shield
- Code: https://github.com/wemos/WEMOS_SHT3x_Arduino_Library
- 64 X 48 pixels
- Product: https://wiki.wemos.cc/products:d1_mini_shields:oled_shield
- Code: https://github.com/mcauser/Adafruit_SSD1306/tree/esp8266-64x48
- in file Adafruit_SSD1306.h (arduino libraries) make sure to have the following:
- #define SSD1306_I2C_ADDRESS 0x3C
- #define SSD1306_64_48
Brian's Weather Station
- in progress...
- box.svg is a lasercut box that you can make at LVL1!