O/D Meeting 09/04/2012

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • President - Chris C.
    • VP - John C
    • Secretary - Tim M.
    • Brad L.
    • Josh W.


  • Officers and Directors not present
    • Dan B
    • Mark E
  • Members present
    • Jose C.
    • John C.
    • Tyler M

Minutes taken by Brad

  • Old Business
    • Director's Insurance
    • 501(c)3
      • Waiting on IRS
    • Makerships
      • Ready for 3 more
      • Waiting for UofL makerships to finish up so no confusion
      • Got posts out of UofL students, but they aren't showing up on the blog
    • Blogging
      • Things have improved, but no prompting
    • Business Cards
      • Jon will attempt to tackle it again
    • Railing
      • No traction
    • Electricity up stairs
      • Joe is supposed to get estimates from his Dad in on some Thursday
      • If no traction by next director's meeting, we will figure out an alternative
    • City Hackathon
      • Morphed into IdeaFestival + Makerbot donation thing
    • Succession Plan
      • Some talk, Hive13 went through drama, need to learn from them
      • Mark has started rolling stuff out into Google Docs
    • CPA
      • School Factory might supply a CPA
      • Jon will check it out, he seems doubtful
      • Lots of work before school factory CPA happens
      • If no word from School Factory by next meeting, develop plan to acquire our own CPA
    • Workshops
      • We've done a workshop
      • Jeffschool coming down the pipeline, going to do a whole fall semester
        • Python, Cake PHP, Basic Electronics, 3d Modeling, DIY CNC, Game Salad(?), KiCad
        • Funneling other classes through Jeffschool
      • Nick Sturtzel's mom interested in teaching sewing class
    • A/C for Upstairs
      • Window units, no one's hanging out upstairs, so no momentum
      • Suggestions to the list
      • Winter is coming
    • Cleaning Service
      • Waiting on Mark for 1099
      • Pushed back, Mark was going to talk to School Factory
      • Look at commercial cleaning services
      • John will do a 2 week test run of cleaning
      • Prioritize Bathrooms
      • Chris is a toilet gargoyle
  • New Business
    • 5 Makerbots came in! Awesome!
    • Jon working on Member Shelving
      • Suggest attacking Boneyard after hackathon
      • Big push for more organization after storage FAP
      • Mark areas that aren't for member storage
      • Timeframe: As soon as this weekend, will give a couple days of notice
    • Need to make people aware that stuff left next to the laser cutter will be cut.
      • Mark it!
    • Door Entry
      • Going to sync with Mark's database with RasPi
      • 20% of membership is behind on dues
      • Chris proposes turning off cards 30 days after expiration
      • Tim thinks this is too extreme
      • Chris explains that this means you get 2 warnings, then your card gets cut off
      • When Mother runs again, Mother could warn members
    • Mother Opt-in for "Space Open" sort of thing
      • Tie in to Card Access
    • Locking issue
      • People are leaving the door unlocked
      • not everyone carries a hardware key any more, so this is an issue!
    • Printer Cartridges
      • Can anyone refill laser cartridges?
      • Jon will make it happen
    • Jose brings up: Donating something broken, if you can fix it, you can use it. Not too appropriate for the Hackerspace.
      • If it's marked "Fix, do not hack!", then recontact.
      • Signs that say, "Anything donated is the whole property of LVL1."
      • Donation area is a royal mess, Jose's trying to figure out how to figure it out.
    • Need more folding chairs, tables
      • Rolling cart with chairs
      • Josh is going to FAP for chairs
    • Trial run of Radioshack Arduino workshops/open builds
      • Two months of trial run workshops
    • Lights on our building are out
      • Chris will email the Zinks
    • Guns in the Space
      • Possibly spooking new visitors
      • We trust the folks in the space with weapons, but new visitors might
      • Asking those folks to be more discreet, opinions?
      • No dissenting opinions on asking guys to be more discreet
    • How can we improve LVL1 + UofL Makership
      • They need to experience more of the community
      • Tim argues that Tuesdays are a bad day
    • Monthly reporting on the Treasury
      • Keep Mark on task