Our metal shop has a variety of equipment capable of most basic woodworking projects.
Equipment that does currently have dedicated pages:
- Sheet Metal/Shear/Break/Roller
- Lincoln HD175 MIG Welder
- Toolkraft Drill Press
- Heavy Duty Bandsaw
- Husky Pneumatic Socket Wrench
- Husky Pneumatic Hammer
- Husky Pneumatic Impact Wrench
- Husky Pneumatic Rotary Tool
- Husky Pneumatic Paint Sprayer
- Powermate Pneumatic Nail Gun
- Pneumatic Tire Pressure Gauge and Hose
- 120 Volt 100 Amp Welder
- Burnout Oven
- Casting Centrifuge
- Hot wax heating unit
- Plaster investment shaker
- Ultrasonic Cleaner
- Bridgeport Mill
- Small Metal Lathe "Spinny McLatheFace"
Equipment that doesn't currently have dedicated pages:
- 20 ton hydraulic shop press
- Metal-blade table saw
- Large Metal Lathe (not yet in service)
- Green Horizontal Bandsaw
- Large Bench-Mounted Vice
- Bench Mounted Stone Wheel Grinder
- Giant Air Compressor
- Red Metal Bandsaw (not very functional at this time)
- Sheet Metal Bead Roller
- Pneumatic Sheet Metal Planishing Hammer
- Sheet Metal roller/bender/cutter (base is cracked; may not fully work)
Please do not store project materials in the metal shop (or other shop areas). Member storage space is provided and large pieces can be placed along the back wall of the member storage area.
Make sure you attach a note with your name on it to all your materials. Materials without a note attached (even if your name is written on the piece itself) may be considered "up for grabs" by some members of our community.
Metal left in the shop will be removed to the scrap bin or the trash.
Material leaning against a wall or on the floor of a work area constitute a safety hazard. We have had problems with material accumulating in the shop to very hazardous conditions. Please consider the safety of the community a higher priority than your convenience.