HP DesignJet 800
Installation Software For MacOS X 10.10.x - 10.11.6 (at the time of writing) - install the printer by the following:
- Open System Preferences
- Open Printers & Scanners
- Add a new printer by pressing the + sign
- The HP DesignJet 800 should appear here
- OK the installation by selecting the default options for the generic driver
Older Notes about how to print:
- For Windows, you may have to go into the printer preferences and create a custom page size based on what you are doing then in your program when selecting the printer & preferences, select the custom page size.
- At the time of writing printing from Inkscape on Mac directly from the printer only allowed an 8.5x11 (standard paper size) to be printed; will troubleshoot and offer suggestions on how to print from a Mac.
You can now print
New Notes about how to print (12/2018):
- This printer works best when the computer that is sending the file for printing is Linux operating system based. Several have tried other operating systems unsuccessfully. I (Amy Shah) have only seen this printer work successfully from a Linux based operating system computer.
- Create an ubuntu boot stick by downloading the ubuntu ISO file and flashing it to a > 2GB USB stick drive
- Boot a computer to ubuntu temporarily with the boot USB drive
- Download your image to the ubuntu os computer for editing and printing
- Go to settings in ubuntu and create a custom print size for the poster/document you want to create
- Choose this custom print size to print and then press print.
- Before choosing print, troubleshoot the printer - make sure there is enough ink, paper, and the paper is loaded properly.
Donated by: Studio A Architecture http://www.studioaarch.com/