First time Visitor Info
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- PARK ONLY IN THE ORI LOT OR ON THE STREET
- If you park in our neighbors private lot, they will block you in for fun.
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Culture of Cleanliness
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- (Josh) - Red Bull Cans.
- Posted 10/22/2013
- Two Mylar weather balloons or giant white spheres
- Bernheim Connect talking tree.
- Posted 3/11/2014
- (Patrick) - Unpainted, non-galvanized scrap metal for welding workshops.
- Posted 2/25/2014
- (John & Josh) Mill-type coffee grinders & metal filters for colored smoke bombs
- Posted 5/06/2014
- Laser tube replaced with brand new
- PEW! PEW!
- Missing numerous hand tools!
- Please check your tool bags for any LVL1 equipment.
- Return tools to their resting places!
- If you don't know where a tool belongs, put it in the plastic bin on top of the red tool cabinet.
- The quickest way to get something fixed is to let us know that it is broken! Send broken equipment reports to Broken@lvl1.org
- This includes supplies like toilet paper and soap!
Space Moving Update
- Big thanks to everyone who's helped this past week
- Lots of trash has been removed, still more to go!
- Working to pull permit, purchase supplies for new walls
- HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Moving trash pile to dumpster (new dumpster should be delivered)
- Members: PLEASE MOVE YOUR STUFF OR IT WILL BE LEFT AT THE OLD BUILDING!!!!
- If you have problems with moving your stuff, please contact the directors.
- Items not removed or brought to Director's attention by June 1st are considered forfeit.
- Grand Re-opening target: JULY 12TH!
- Sound Builders (fortnightly Mondays, next 6/9 8pm)
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesday 8pm)
Upcoming Workshops and Events
- Patrick's Ongoing Welding Workshops
- Hack for Change Louisville 5/31 9am-6pm @ Nucleus
- National Day of Civic Hacking
- Open Data, Software Dev, discussion and development
- Hosted by Louisville's Civic Data Alliance (Louisville Code for America team)
- May Makership Deadline - 5/31 at 11:59pm
- More info about the Makership program at http://www.lvl1.org/makership
- Maker Faire Detroit - July 26 - 27
- Call for Makers: http://www.makerfairedetroit.com/call-for-makers/
- Tell them you're with LVL1!
- Danielle is LVL1 Coordinator this year
Project Roll Call
5 Minute Maintenance and Cleaning
- Attendance: ~40
- Meeting Start: 8:01 PM
- Meeting Stop: 8:35 PM
- Dinner: Chef DeMarco made spaghetti & meatballs
- Tour Guide: Cody
- Notes Taken by: Nathan A
- First Time Visitors
- Equipment & Supplies Wanted
- Michael D. is looking for a dummy. Flexible rescue aide.
- Rob needs help adding stuff to his Cosmic Driving Range
- Space Upgrades
- Laser ruler to be remade
- Laser power meter is off
- Space Downgrades
- Mill will still mill but won't drill
- What a cool rhyming thing there --^
- Mill will still mill but won't drill
- Space Moving Update
- LVL1 doesn't belong to a particular use-case under the building codes... small delay there as we meddle through the gray area
- Regular Meetups
- Drone Meeting & Sewing are cancelled until interest resurges
- Upcoming Workshops & Events
- If you want to teach anything at LVL1, by all means teach anything! No workshop is too absurd!
- Project Roll Call
- John & Josh got their coffee grinder
- Chris is printing baby printers (Printing Prusas on the Lulzbot)
- Brad is working on access control system for the new space
- Tim made a squeezebox. Setting it up outside. Demonstrated the machine at a caving workshop
- Amelia introduces Alex from FirstBuild who works for marketing
- Sean M. is working on a Tensegrity hammock stand
- Brad got some GPS units from Indiegogo for his robot lawn mower