To bring LVL1 into the nuclear age, it is necessary to detect the presents of nuclear material. To that end, the Truly Mad Scientist's LVL1 Splinter Group has decided to build a cloud chamber. The chamber built does not utilize dry ice. Instead it uses peltier coolers. The basic design is from Rich Olsen of nothinglabs.com and his Instructable. Minor design changes were made to accommodate its use in future experiments.
- Cooler Master Hyper 212
- Two Thermaltake 120mm Case Fans (Black/Red)
- TECI-12709 (136.8 watt) Peltier Cooler
- TECI-12710 (168 watt) Peltier Cooler
- Artic Silver Thermal Compound
- OwensCorning Pink Insulation Sheet 3/16th inch
- OPTIX Acrylic Sheet 0.093 thick
- Tempered Hardboard 9x12"
- One Quart Acrylic Canister
- Rubber Gasket Sheet 6x6"
- 250 Watt ATX Power Supply
- 4 Pin Molex Connector Male
- Cable Wrap