Jump to navigation Jump to search
While it goes against LVL1's ethos to have too many rules, these are for your own personal safety, the safety of others, and consideration of others, which are definitely part of our ethos.
- Wear the proper safety equipment (especially safety glasses) when in workshop area. Safety glasses are available for your use in the corner of the wood shop by the door. Please clean them when you are finished before returning them to storage!
- Wear shoes that cover the complete foot: no sandals or flip flops.
- Familiarize yourself with the location of the first aid kit. This is located in the space's first-aid center, in the front of the common room, near the double doors to the larger storage areas.
- Make sure you know where fire extinguishers are located. Large red and white vinyl "Fire Extinguisher" signs have been mounted on the walls to make this easier.
- Clean up your mess. Brooms, dustpans, garbage cans and vacuums abound. Make use of them.
- Put away any tools you used.
- Let someone know if you break a power tool or a bit, blade or hand tool. It happens sometimes; just let someone know by contacting email@example.com.
- ALWAYS CLEAN UP BEFORE YOU LEAVE.
- use a tool you are unfamiliar with. Ask someone if you aren't sure.
- use a tool in a way it wasn't designed; this is the quickest way to break a tool or to get injured.
- be in a rush. Rushing is how fingers are lost!
- use a rag or towel near running equipment.
- wear ties, loose clothing, jewelry, gloves, etc. when operating shop equipment.
- use compressed air guns to clean clothing and hair. Use the Shop-Vac instead!
- service a machine while it is on - Unplug wherever practical.
- bring food or drink into the bunker area. Your food may become contaminated or be spilled into or onto equipment which can be difficult or dangerous to clean.