Difference between revisions of "1st Inning"
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Line 33:||Line 33:|
Revision as of 14:14, 12 May 2010
Arduino and Breadboard setup, Power
This inning you will learn how to set up your Freeduino and breadboard for doing prototyping and these experiments.
- Freeduino or Arduino or clone
- USB cable for Freeduino
- Freeduino development software - download here!
- Solderless Breadboard
- Hookup wire 22gauge solid
- Downloadthe Arduino software and install.
- Hook up your Freeduino to the USB cable and your computer.
- Test this setup by running the Arduino program. Run the sketch (Arduino program) File->examples->digital->blink
- If you setup works, then you should see the led on the Arduino that is soldered onto the board, blinking. If not, troubleshoot below - or call over an LVL1 member to help out!
- Hook up your breadboard power and ground.
- You will need to cut and remove the insulation for several wires, just do this as needed.
- Use red wires for your positive leads and black for your ground leads.
- Positive leads are 5V
- Ground are 0V
- Hook up the wires as shown in the Fritzing picture below
- Do not hook the wires to your Arduino until they have been checked by an instructor.