Welcome to LVL1!
Happy All Hallows' Eve!
- Scan the QR code on the table by the door and enter your license plate numbers to keep from getting a ticket. This is for everyone who uses the space.
- This applies 24/7, and must be done each time you visit, every six hours.
People getting caught being awesome and doing things for the space.
- Everyone - being here!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting!!!!
- 8$ for a large! That's the only size we have!
- See Tiffany
- If you're another size, we have a sewing area!
The Tim VanSant Makership: LVL1's Makership Program
- This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. If you are not a member and want to do a makership:
- Apply at https://lvl1.org/makership/ and apply via email@example.com
- Application deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Become a regular member of LVL1.
- Get 3 months of membership and up to $100 of project cost reimbursements!
- If you are a member, you can set up a monthly donation to the makership fund! See the treasurer to set this up.
- Members: please talk up the Makership to potential new members.
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month.
- Send any questions about how to submit a successful application to https://lvl1.org/makership/. We want to award a Makership!
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- If something is broken or needs to be replaced, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- Table saw - parts received
- Members are responsible for their guests and any other non-members they host.
- Please make sure guests sign the waiver.
- Member hosts are empowered to ask visitors who do not conduct themselves according to LVL1's policies and community standards to leave.
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- Turn things off and lock the space when you leave
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
- READ the Members' List. This is how we alert you to important safety and policy things happening at the space.
- Questions? Please contact a board member or the Members' List.
- If something is broken or needs to be restocked, email email@example.com
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it.
- Do not leave equipment running unattended.
- Clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!
- Do not take the furniture outside!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- There is a list of 5 minute tasks on the whiteboard.
Do NOT cause odors in the space
- Be Excellent to our neighbors that share the building with us, and DO NOT work on projects that will disrupt parts of the building that aren't ours.
- If you are hosting guests at the space, you are responsible for them.
- If you see anyone being unexcellent to fellow hackers or our neighbors, please courteously remind them!
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors?
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Please sign the waiver! We have dangerous tools that can cause serious injury if not used correctly and carefully. We're not responsible if you hurt yourself with them!
- We recommended following CDC guidelines about health and safety
- Minors must be supervised at all times.
- Animals also must be supervised at all times.
- Means of communication - https://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is https://lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: https://wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Discord https://discord.gg/qXFrrNvxUY
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- email@example.com - Something broken? Does something need to be restocked?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- There will be a tour at the end of the Meeting.
Regular Weekly Meetups
You too can organize a weekly/monthly meetup! Talk to a member or director and we can get you set up!
- LVL1 Open Meeting, 8:00pm - where you are right now!
- Directors Meeting, November 21, 9:00pm - In the classroom and open to the public following the regular weekly meeting, come see how the sausage is made, the 3rd Tuesday of each month.
- Derby City Py, October 26, 6:30pm - Meet and discuss all things Python the 4th Thursday of each month. (???)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night, 8ish? - This is happening in the space. C'mon in and be safe. The best night to be in the space to meet folks and learn something.
You too can organize an event! See the Hosting Guide on our website: https://lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
Making something cool?
Need help or materials for a project?
Have materials looking for a project?
Tell us about it!