Welcome to LVL1!
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers! Shout outs this week go to:
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. Please submit an application to become a member of LVL1! See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of LVL1 membership and $100 reimbursement toward your project expenses.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this worthy cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- Resources, manuals, tutorials, and information are available in multiple places, such as on two computer desktops, the wiki, the members list, the hackerspace group....
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- QUIT REMOVING THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT.
- If something is broken or needs replaced, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
- Member hosts are responsible for the space and non-member guests
- Member hosts are empowered to ask visitors who do not conduct themselves according to LVL1's policies and community standards to leave
- More details on the Members' List
- Questions? Please contact a board member
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- We recommended following CDC guidelines about health and safety
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be a time delayed glitter bomb
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- email@example.com - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- email@example.com - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!!!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 9:00 pm, next one on1 10/19/2021
- Open to the public!
- Threadsday Thursday - every Thursday Night, 7:00 pm to 9:00 pm (back to our regularly programmed schedule), (hosted by Madeline)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night
"No Code apps"
When: Oct 25, at 7:30-8:30pm -ish What: "How to No-Code" class
More: Class examining No Code apps and how they are affecting the startup and other businesses. Discussion welcomed, diversity of ideas is appreciated.
Who: for any interested, intended for adult education, facilitated by Amy Shah
Zoom link: https://shrtco.de/EY8F8N
Why: No code apps are disrupting the ability to make a minimal viable product. With no-code apps, people with minimal tech experience can make a full product/solution. Is this a good thing?
This class is part of the LVL1 Chautauqua series (a series of free classes held on zoom for personal education and growth). If you would like to do a deep dive of your project or business idea in one of the monthly meetings, reach out to Amy Shah. See our groups/calendar for details, or contact organizers directly.
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!