Welcome to LVL1!
We always start our meetings with shoutouts People doing cool things for their fellow hackers! Shout outs this week go to:
- Bill putting hinges on the laser that finally arrived
- Amy Shah - We were awarded the grant from Costco that Amy applied for
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
We need to AWARD a Makership!
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. Please submit an application to become a member of LVL1! See our treasurer, make a donation.
- Members: please talk up the Makership to potential new members. Makerships are a good way to interest minorities and women in LVL1. Emphasize the experience and the opportunity. Getting a project done is less important.
- Makership Application Deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of LVL1 membership and a $100 reimbursement toward your project expenses.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership. Also, send any questions about how to submit a successful application to www.lvl1.org/makership. We want to award a Makership!
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month.
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this worthy cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- BIQU 3d printer - fixed
- Broken switch on the shopbot parts on order
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- If something is broken or needs to be replaced, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
- Member hosts are responsible for the space and non-member guests
- Please make sure guests sign the waiver
- Member hosts are empowered to ask visitors who do not conduct themselves according to LVL1's policies and community standards to leave
- More details on the Members' List
- Questions? Please contact a board member
First Time Visitor Info
'Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of the Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- If you see something say something ex. removing of safety guards, walking away from the laser or shopbot, trashing an area, and not cleaning it up
- We recommended following CDC guidelines about health and safety
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be a time-delayed glitter bomb
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
LVL1 Means of Communication
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- email@example.com - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Something broken? Does something need to be restocked?
- email@example.com - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!!!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
= Regular Weekly Meetups =
- If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
Directors Meeting - Every 3rd Tuesday is the Director's Meeting and it is open to the public! 9:00 pm, in the classroom and on zoom The next one is March 15, 2022
- Woolsday Wednesday !(hosted by Madeline)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - this is happening in the space. Cmon in and be safe.
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!'
See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
Need help or materials for a project?
SHOW AND TELL!
Need a project for any materials?