Difference between revisions of "O/D Meeting 6/21/2016"

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search
(Metrics)
 
Line 13: Line 13:
 
=== Metrics ===
 
=== Metrics ===
  
6 people came to planter workshop
+
* Workshops & Events
 
+
* Equipment Status
~200 people saw LVL1 at LFPL
+
 
+
9 people came to hackathon
+
 
+
Flea-off-Market saw ~300 people
+
 
+
looking for eastern kentucky consulting for makerspace popping up there.
+
 
+
**LVL1 is doing more and ought to do even more workshops in the near future.
+
* Jared still needs to make a for-the-teacher cheat-sheet of things we want to know about workshops.
+
**Upcoming workshops:
+
***nathan’s arduino workshop
+
***how to workshop workshop (who?)
+
***rpi workshops (Nathan/Charles)
+
***ctf workshop
+
***CNC workshops coming up (Daniel)
+
***Welding workshops coming up (who?)
+
*** Skateboard workshops (Alex/Marwood)
+
  
 
=== Old Business ===
 
=== Old Business ===

Latest revision as of 11:35, 23 June 2016

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • Danielle
    • Nathan
    • Jared (teleconference)
    • Raj
    • Charles
  • Others present
    • José

Agenda

Metrics

  • Workshops & Events
  • Equipment Status

Old Business

  • Makerships
    • are Makership mentors more transparent and present?
    • Should we even require signatures?
      • yeah.
    • Should we offer completion of forms before the awarding of the 'ship?
      • probably?
    • Ben will talk to Chris about becoming Makership contact.
    • Changing the application process from an email to an in-person application may get people more 'in the game'.
    • Money is good.
  • Member Generation & Retention
    • New member orientation
      • How is it going?
    • We got some more shelves, how are they working?
    • Large member storage is also problematic, but it's a separate problem.
      • How will we address this?
  • HVAC install has happened. Is it done?
    • got a cover-ass note from landlords about the HVAC? This is done.
  • Money
    • LVL1 tax exempt form complete
    • Grants
      • SBA grant still has $$$ to be spent on Electrical upgrades.
        • Nathan will coordinate a new capacity increasing grant with the community foundation.
          • Letter of intent will include ideas about what funds will be for. probably electrical?
    • Daniel will head up give-a-day.
  • Space Cleanliness
    • lost and found has been happening, and seems to be working.
    • paint on the ground where trash cans go
      • Danielle will do this maybe?
    • cave troll meme to guilt people into being excellent.
      • Danielle is still working on this.
    • scrap sorting, linguistic choice of omitting the word scrap may help pieces get organized properly
  • Large member Storage will be cleaned up
    • Jared will label a con-men section


  • Charles' Gold Stars are a big hit
      • They need documentation, who was awarded it, when, why, etc.
      • Jared made a page,and still hasn't been updating it, (sorry.)
      • Charles ordered more and they're came on the slow boat.
  • Facilities Maintenance
    • By and large things are fixed when they are broken. (Thanks Nathan)
    • Laser Cutter
      • Regular maintenance of outtake tube and fans etc. Nathan added this to the cleaning log.
    • Broken Buttons
      • There are 7 of them up and running, ready to be installed in the space.
        • when?
  • we need to insulate the metal shop
    • Jared will get with interested parties about making this happen.
  • Space security has been an issue, people leaving doors unlocked and leaving, etc.
    • Tyler and Cave Troll are working on an indicator panel that will let all know of the open/closed status of all exterior doors in the space.
    • Cameras are almost done, thanks Bill
    • Danielle is contacting the landlords about the parking lot camera.
  • Programming:
    • long-term projects are in the works:
      • power wheels - for detroit MF
    • maker faire detroit - when?
    • maker faire louisville - in the fall, early september.
    • collaborations with neighboring hackerspaces
      • hive 13?
      • Prishina Hackerspace Cosovo?
  • Woodshop/Metalshop Upgrades
    • Woodshop is happening faster than the Metalshop
      • Progress is happening in both fronts.
  • How do we take out recycling? do we teach members how to do it?
    • recycling goes in the dumpster and trash goes in the cans, both live out back
  • lge last month $642 way better than $1800 from last time.
  • tyler has a debit card now.
  • landlord needs to take care of room number labeling.
    • who is doing this?

New Business

  • Mice
    • poison is out, we will box up the existing hackersnacks.
  • LVL1 Grant Application Process?
    • Raj will look up Kentucky State Law to see if a member, but not the board, can sign up for a grant.
  • Internship?
    • Daniel will mediate with our Intern, to see if he does not wish to be a member anymore, in the face of the 4 members who are in disagreement with his membership, which is more than the 3 existing sponsors.
    • Internships
      • LVL1 does not have interns, one ought not have anyone presented as an intern at LVL1
      • Daniel will mediate with Ali about continued membership.

Minutes

  • Metrics
    • Reviewed workshop attendance: 36 people taught (Arduinos + CTF)
      • Learn-a-thing: 1-3 visitors normally
    • Reviewed other events we've spoken at: 50+ people reached
    • Equipment: everything is working, had some downtime so keep an eye out
  • Old Business
    • Makerships
      • 1 application every month
      • Danielle will reach out to Chris to change the application process to front load getting 3 signatures
        • Ben did reach out once
      • Jose mentions that BoD should be on the hook for providing signatures
      • Need to define the objective of Makership again so everyone is on board
      • Have a meeting between all parties to rehash who will be responsible for the program
      • Raj: need to get committee to contribute more beyond judging entries
      • Ben: will ask Chris for times to meet to discuss makership
      • Who turns off the RFID access? Tyler. He is following through on this duty?
    • Member Generation and Retention
      • Orientation is not effective.
      • Directors need to explain the rights and responsibilities when they are filling out the form
      • Directors need to know whole process, including payment, to add new members
      • Nathan will contact Tyler about setting up process for directors
      • How do we add people to the Google Group? Danielle will make sure we're all empowered
      • O&D who processes membership form will send out welcome email
      • Ben will try to be there for Cody's clean-a-thon
        • Servers might be sold - quote will be given and then put infront of membership
        • Dishwasher and microwave were donated to another 501c3
        • Cody will give us a quote
    • HVAC Install
      • Tyler: what's status of duct work?
      • Nathan will price out unit
    • Money:
      • Grants
        • Bylaw Change:
          • Nathan will write it
          • Person pursuing a grant must be a member
          • Simple majority vote of all board members
          • Board will designate a board member to facilitate management the grant
        • Need to outline the criteria that Board will use to approve grants
    • Space Cleanliness
      • Hire a third party to clean
        • Clean surfaces
        • Take trash out
        • Sweep
      • Need a point person to watch
        • Nathan will manage this and make sure supplies are stocked
      • Mice seem to be gone
    • Gold Star Program
      • Not carried forward to next month
    • Facilities
      • Back door was left unlocked via power being unplugged
      • Timer switch keeps getting stuck
      • Need to stop people using tape to keep the door unlocked
      • Need to talk to landlords about building electrician
    • Collaboration
    • Metalshop and Woodshop
      • Jim and Terry have been great champions for those spaces
      • Need more workshops to teach people how to use tools
      • Tools need proper places to help keep the space clean and usable
      • Survey to see if Bridgeport is worth having and if classes on it would help with adoption
    • Intern
      • Need to talk to Daniel to see if he has any overhead regarding paperwork
  • New Business
    • LVL1 Birthday
      • Jose is done hosting the birthday
      • Weekend after Fourth of July
      • Learn-a-Thing birthday party?
        • Food, drinks, let's build stuff
      • Open house?
      • Move party to "holy shit maker faire detroit is next week" event on July 23rd
      • Nathan will make PR material
      • Need to FAP for a budget for the party
    • Workshops
      • Ben wants to do something in the parking lot with fire/blacksmithing

Minutes

Meeting Start: ~9 PM Meeting Stop: 10:34 PM Notes Taken by: Nathan