O/D Meeting 1/19/2015

From LVL1
Revision as of 21:22, 19 January 2016 by Nrarmen (Talk | contribs) (Created page with "== Attendees == * Officers and Directors present ** Danielle, Ben, Daniel, Nathan, Patrick, Sean, & Jose * Others present ** Tammy, Terry, Lance, Kevin, Raj, Brad == Agenda =...")

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • Danielle, Ben, Daniel, Nathan, Patrick, Sean, & Jose
  • Others present
    • Tammy, Terry, Lance, Kevin, Raj, Brad

Agenda

Old Business

  • Makerships
  • Member Generation & Retention
    • New member orientation
    • Action Items Suggested Last Meeting
      • Publishing on-going space projects
      • Updating the membership form with more details about rules
      • Spruce up Wiki page for membership rights and rules
  • Budget
    • Emergency Fund
    • Recurring Cash Flow
    • Grants
  • Workshops
    • Arduino 101
    • Need to actively schedule these, not rely on learn@lvl1 so much
  • Boneyard Purge
  • Space Cleanliness
  • Space Habitability (HVAC & Insulation)

New Business

  • Revio / Small Business Hosting
    • Not needed any more, but it'd be good to have a plan
  • Facilities Maintenance
    • Laser Cutter repaired
    • 3D printers
      • TAZ repaired multiple times - has bad extruder design
      • New printers are 80% working
    • Shapeoko in progress
    • Maintenance Calendar Created
    • Broken Buttons
    • Need to rewrite bylaws for Treasurer to purchase fixes?
  • Metrics
  • Next Meeting / Election Night: January 19th, 2016

Minutes

Old Business

  • Makerships
    • Female makership awarded, not announced, awaiting response
      • Danielle will make contact again to make sure winner knows
    • $2000 donation
  • New Member Generation and Retention
    • Night of the Hat might be a good start to documenting space projects
    • Nathan will generate TL;DR handout for new members
    • Danielle will revise the membership form
      • Getting it done this Friday - Nathan will ensure it
      • Add option to suspend voting rights
    • Sean will update wiki page
    • New member orientation
      • 3 people showed up last time
      • Others responded but were out of town
    • Added 5-9 new members
    • 5-9 others left
    • Netting about 1 membership per month
    • Why are people cancelling/suspending membership?
      • People leave town (80%)
      • We don't engage new members enough (20%)
  • Budget
    • Daniel did not make financial reports
    • Daniel will get finite number of our worst 3 months and propose saving that amount in the savings account
    • Grants
      • Shopbot being shipped first week of December
      • Quotes are out for the electrical work
        • Landlords want their electrician to do the work
      • Insulation was purchased and delivered at end of the month
        • Weekend after Thanksgiving is target date for installation
        • Windows need to be done first
        • Jose will finish the window insulation with Ben's help
      • Spend down is still happening on lighting
      • $15000 grant from Metro Louisville for Holy Smokes Hackathon
        • Tools, parts, etc still being purchased and are donated to the space after use
        • $5000 admin fee going into general fund
        • Paying someone to keep the space open a point of contention
          • Does this expose employment risks?
            • Community Foundation Grant answered this
          • Consensus: It's okay to pay members to keep space open this within the confines of the Hackathon
        • Since Daniel secured the funds, has freedom to spend money within bounds of LVL1's bylaws
        • Daniel will post open hours for people to fill and let membership know how much was spent on keeping the space open for the hackathon
      • No pending applications out
      • Need to submit a report to SBA for grant administration
        • Need metrics
          • Volunteer hours
          • Fundraising done by small businesses associated with the space
      • SBA Grant
        • Woodshop is a question mark regarding ShopBot installation
        • Terry will go buy a dust collector on Black Friday
        • Invitation open to buy more tools the space needs if taking advantage of Black Friday deals
    • Finances are overall good
    • Daniel will have financials done next Tuesday
  • Workshops
    • Workshop bounties
      • SBA Grant did not have budget for this
      • i3Detroit does $25-$50 bounties
      • Incentives program ideas
        • Try having LVL1 offer bounties and ask our community to support
      • First Aid Workshop
        • Very much wanted to be taught
        • Raj will look into getting one hosted at a reduced rate
        • Basic first aid topics are also interesting
      • Raspberry Pi workshops upcoming
      • Are we making a good effort to make a call for people to host workshops?
        • Danielle will put out a call
  • Boneyard Purge
    • Pile of wood needs to be tossed
    • Other building materials (wall parts) can likely go as well
    • Patrick will put out a call to remove the junk left in the boneyard
  • Space Cleanliness
    • Danielle is making "Cave Troll Says" signs to remind folks to clean up areas of the space
    • Should we leave out cleaning supplies to let folks use similar to gyms?
      • Danielle will take on labeling trash cans and other supplies to help with cleanliness
      • Jose suggests clearing the LVL1 wall and putting cleaning supplies
    • Patrick
      • Follow through of pictures of clean areas
        • Nathan will handle Soldering station
        • Patrick will handle metal shop
        • Kitchen
        • Danielle will do a call to arms - Where does shit go?
      • Need help cleaning up the metal shop and removing scrap
    • Cameras for shaming people?
      • NO
      • Other spaces use cameras for liability claims and security
      • The cameras may be effective if put up but not monitored
      • Landlord's camera loop may not actually work - not sure
      • Nathan will start camera discussion months from now
      • Whoever has access to these cameras today or in the future - we'll need to be mindful of how we handle access
        • Do not want to encourage publishing embarrassing or other negative footage
  • Space Habitability
    • Patrick will lead effort to insulate the space with the new insulation
    • Centralized Heat System
      • Danielle will talk to Kaela about the parameters of this prospective system
      • We currently have 220V/20A heaters around the space
      • Someone needs to investigate heat pump solution
    • Currently have $6000 left for heating the space
    • Need to be wary of people using the wrong extension cable with heaters

New Business

  • New Officers
    • Need to be on the lookout for a new Treasurer - very crucial role
    • Need to announce elections will be coming up
  • Small Business Hosting
    • Business needs to know that there are no expectations and that LVL1's needs come first
    • No problem with hosting folks who run businesses here
  • Facilities Maintenance
    • Limit to percent purchase or hard cash amount for repairs
    • Will put to vote on election night
  • Metrics
    • Goal is to add visibility and accountability of our impact on the community
      • Also useful for grant applications
    • Non-native events (e.g. Code Louisville)
    • Workshops
    • Regular Meetups
    • Finances
    • Membership Numbers
    • Equipment measuring
    • Volunteer hours
    • Need to value a number of these metrics outwardly
  • Next Meeting & Elections
    • Date will be January 19th, 2016
    • Send an email out to remind folks
    • Find people to run for offices
    • Get bylaw changes on the ballot
    • Need a new secretary and treasurer
    • Can only run for 3 consecutive terms as an officer (Treasurer, VP, Secretary)
      • Director at large does not count