NeoPixel Web Server
1. Install Arduino IDE software. Not the web one. https://www.arduino.cc/en/Main/Software
2. Install the NodeMCU software using the instructions on this page https://randomnerdtutorials.com/how-to-install-esp8266-board-arduino-ide/
3. Install the FASTLED library Arduino->sketch->include library->manage libraries Search for FASTLED and install
4. Download the arduino software for the fastled webserver https://github.com/jasoncoon/esp8266-fastled-webserver
- Click clone or download and download the zip. Put this zip file on your desktop or in the documents folder
- Right click to unzip the software
5. Navigate to the folder and run the esp8266-fastled-webserver.ino file
6. Edit this file above to be like this
- include "FSBrowser.h"
- define DATA_PIN 5 //LVL1 change this! This is D5
- define LED_TYPE WS2811
- define COLOR_ORDER RGB
- define NUM_LEDS 30 //change this!
- define MILLI_AMPS 2000 // IMPORTANT: set the max milli-Amps of your power supply (4A = 4000mA)
- define FRAMES_PER_SECOND 120 // here you can control the speed. With the Access Point / Web Server the animations run a bit slower.
//LVL1 change this to true! const bool apMode = true;
//LVL1 Comment this secrets.h //#include "Secrets.h" // this file is intentionally not included in the sketch, so nobody accidentally commits their secret information. // create a Secrets.h file with the following:
// AP mode password //LVL1 uncomment this! const char WiFiAPPSK = "your-password";
// Wi-Fi network to connect to (if not in AP mode) //LVL1 uncomment this! char* ssid = "your-ssid"; char* password = "your-password";