Difference between revisions of "09/10/2019"
(Created page with "__NOTOC__ right = Welcome = = Shoutouts = '''People doing cool things for their fellow hackers!''' * Tiffany and George for helping out a...")
Latest revision as of 05:42, 10 September 2019
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers!
- Tiffany and George for helping out at the LVL1 table at Derby Con
- The electrical crew, Ned, Kenneth , Paul!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Tim VanSandt Makership LVL1 Makership
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline - Last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- The prusa is down again. Waiting on parts*
- Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment. Someone can get really hurt.
- Please give me as much information as possible; i/e links to websites. Consumables are difficult to find sometimes and I am not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it off site. The boneyard isn't your own personal storage shed.
- Community safety is more important than your personal convenience.
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? Tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be converted to non-minors by a TARDIS or DeLorean as available
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- email@example.com - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- email@example.com - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- FREE stickers by the sign-in station! (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- Night of The Hat - fortnightly Mondays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm, next one on 9/16/2019 (hosted by The Hat)
- Soldering, Open making
- Louisville Sound builders - fortnightly Mondays at 8:00pm, next one on 9/23/2019 (hosted by Chris Cprek)
- Make things that make noise!
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 9:00pm, next one on 09/17/2019
- Open to the public!
- Dust Collectors - When Paul returns in 2-weeks we will resume the project (hosted by paul)
- Threadsday Thursday - every Thursday Night from 7:00pm to 9:00pm (hosted by Madeline)
- Code Night - With Rob in the classroom 6pm till 8:00pm all languages are welcome.
- Power Racing Series - Back in action; on Thursdays now (hosted by Ned or David)
- Build an electric Go-kart out of a PowerWheels
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - every Friday at 8:00pm
- Watch a movie of wildly varying degrees of quality
- Or be subjected to YouTube Hour with ████████████
- Bring a project work on while you ignore the movie
- Ignore your project while you work on the movie
- Previous movie was Hellboy
- Group food order (usually pizza, $7/person, or Chinese, $9/person) around 7:30pm
- Fix-it-Friday Repair Cafe - Fridays by appointment
- Let us know at a Tuesday meeting that you want something repaired that Friday or post a request on our Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1) so we know to expect you and what you need repaired.
- $#!^ is that next week? Hackathon - Weekend of September 20, details TBD (hosted by The Hat)
- Lousville Maker Faire - September 28-29 (coordinated by Danielle)
- on the U of L Campus!
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!
- See a director for t-shirts ($10 - cheap)!
- Tour starting by the front door!
- Meeting Start:
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide: