O/D Meeting 8/16/2016

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search
  • Call to Order
    • Present:
      • Danielle
      • Charles
      • Tyler
      • Nathan
      • Daniel
      • Ben
      • James
      • José
      • Craig
      • Andy
      • Cody
      • Raj
  • Urgent Business
  • Business as Usual:
    • Financial Report
      • $36,802.77 in the bank
        • $22,500 is restricted assets
          • Workshop money that hasn't been paid out/released by teacher into
          • Reserves to cover rent if it's dry.
        • $13,600 Grant money
          • allocated by a grant to specific things.
        • $14,000 Liquid unrestricted assets (for FAPs and stuff)
      • (Thanks Tyler!)
    • Membership Generation/Retention
      • 66 members currently.
        • Gained 3 this month.
        • 1 missed payment.
    • Equipment Report
      • Broken report
        • The lasers' regular maintenance is not being done.
        • The 3D printer has a hot-glue fiasco..
        • Air conditioning in Bunker?
        • Shapeoko is still down.
          • There are problems maintaining things.
          • Danielle will message membership calling for member-ownership of regular maintenance.
      • space upgrades/downgrades assessment
        • The door indicator system is functional now.
    • Education/Programming/Workshops/Outreach Report
      • Charles, Ben, Nathan, and Daniel have all stepped up to do workshops.
      • Especial thanks for Pascalle for stepping up for workshops.
    • Happening Report/Special Events
      • LMMF is coming up.
      • FirstBuild Hackathon
      • Derby Con
  • Business FTW:
    • Special Upgrade Report: Metal Shop (James: needs, progress, continuation)
      • The Landlords will need to be talked to about the gutter/drainage problem.
      • Danielle will email for a call to interest group about the metal shop.
      • Daniel will get with Jim about buying things for the metal shop.
      • Danielle will start a conversation with the landlords about electrical and drainage.
    • Special Fund-raising Report: Community Foundation (progress, point of contact, needs)
      • Application has been sent.
      • 7800 for electrical
      • new projector
      • new tables (and workshops)
      • new classroom computer.
      • upgraded lighting
      • 2 3D printers
      • $3000 for arduino kits and electronics work stuff.
    • Special Outreach Report: Maker-Faire Detroit (Danielle: Lessons learned, connections made, thoughts for future)
      • We did have some successful outreach to people from surrounding areas.
    • Special Outreach Report: Louisville Mini Maker-Faire (Danielle: Early plans, anticipated involvement, word from organizers)
      • Looking to hold a particular good kind of presence at makerfaire.
      • How do we sell our space and also look flashy?
      • Danielle will contact Jessie about offsite insurance.
    • "WTF, LVL1?" -- Attendees bring up misc things they think should be addressed.
      • Nathan is looking for input on bylaw change for grant writing.
  • Adjournment
    • Meeting Start: 9:00 PM
    • Meeting Stop: 10:44 PM