O/D Meeting 7/16/2013

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
  • Members present


Minutes

Old Buisiness

  • Directors insurance
    • Mark lost the quote
    • School Factory has a contact for that
  • MakerShips
    • How much money?
  • Blogging and Wiki
    • We need more blog posts!
    • Thanks to Justin for helping
    • Hack-A-Day likes LVL1 posts, send them in
  • Electricity upstairs
  • CPA
  • Workshops
    • Need more workshops
    • Coming up:
  • Member Shelving
    • Need Bins
  • Attack the Boneyard!
    • Boneyard Moved
  • LVL1 is doing well!
  • Should we get a cleaning lady?
  • Space organization plan? Update?
  • Directors Insurance
    • Tim following up on quote
    • Will post FAP once we have a quote
  • Blog posts
    • Need more blog posts!
  • Rules list
    • Use guidelines instead of rules
  • Cleaning lady
    • FAP for annual payment or vote for recurring things
  • Space Organization
    • The space is a physical editable wiki
    • Change things, but still be excelent to others
    • Don't be offended if they change them back
  • A Building for LVL1

New Business

  • Directors Insurance
    • Old insurance dropped us
      • Still the same broker
    • Raj getting a new quote
    • Still have general liability insurance
    • Not having employees or taking responsability for children makes things simpler for directors insurance
  • MakerShips
    • $1,500 in budget right now
    • Retooling makership?
      • Based off input create rolling makership
      • Announce next week
        • 3 month Makerships granted once a month
        • Rely on mentorships more
  • Blog Posts
    • Some new posts, but people post two then stop
      • Still need more!
      • Mention it in the meeting
    • New LVL1 Hangout, ask to be added
  • Electricity Upstairs
    • Still trying to get people here
    • Can call landlord, use his electrician
  • CPA
    • Don't really need one
    • Reminder: We cannot recieve 501.c3 donations for Muddy Tech
  • Tool Repair
    • Managing broken tools is a lot
    • Everything is falling on Treasurer right now
    • Need to make tool repair a more cultural thing
      • If you find something broken, report it
        • Email directors or members list
        • Start some seed emails with BROKEN
      • Signs
    • Audits?
  • Member Mailing list moving to Google Groups
    • We have free hosting at Iglou
    • Member mailing list is the last thing to move
  • Workshops
    • Had a nice run of workshops
    • Need more
  • Member shelving restored!
  • Attack the Boneyard!
    • 80% moved
    • Some shelves still need to be moved
  • Cleaning Lady
    • People said no, but nobody has looked into prices
    • Aaron will look into prices
  • LVL1 doing well
    • Membership growth has slown
    • Lost some members
      • The better the weather, the less members we have
      • Cindys origional makerships ran out
    • Need visibility!
      • Blog posts, etc
      • LVL1 meetings are on meetup, people need to RSVP
      • Ben and Josh will start Facebook meetings
  • Rules
    • Signs
    • LVL1 manual needs work
  • Building
    • Renewed our lease for this building for another year
    • Zinks have not changed their plans
    • New leads are still welcome, but not as pressing
  • Next Directors Meeting Oct 15th