O/D Meeting 5/19/2015

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • Danielle, Ben, Daniel, Nathan, Patrick, Sean, & Jose
  • Others present
    • Joe L., Mackenzie, Todd, Brad, Charles, Raj

Old Business

  • E-Waivers
  • New Membership Management System
  • AC installation
  • Makership
  • Workshops
  • LVL1 Membership Application Processing
  • Business Cards
  • Member Generation & Retention
  • Renter Responsibilities & Neighbor Respect
  • Fixing Broken Things Fatigue?
  • Budget
  • Unsafe Working Conditions

New Business

  • Tiny House Project / Grant Management
  • Vehicle Purchase?
  • Selling equipment
  • Events: Maker Faires

Minutes

Old Business

  • E-Waivers
    • Done. Thank you Daniel!
    • Collecting data on people visiting the space so we know who we're serving
  • New Membership Management System
    • 1/3 of membership on the new system
    • Auditing membership with the new system; some people thought they were members but weren't paying
    • Daniel needs help processing back failed payments
    • Question: do they need to back pay dues? No. BoD never officially suspended these memberships
  • AC installation
    • Equipment is here
    • Need to tear out old green pipes
    • Nathan will make it happen June 1's Mend it Monday
  • Makership
    • Past month had 5 applicants
    • Enthusiasm for the makership among visitors
    • Probably coming from word of mouth and shared enthusiasm
  • Workshops
    • Mend It Monday a mild success for teaching folks how to use tools
    • Workshop du Jour: Persistence is key
    • Terry's working on workshops
    • If Tiny House project comes through then that will provide upwards of 20 workshops over a 2 year period
    • Requests for lockpicking workshop: June 27th target
    • Charles is going to order components for surface mount soldering 1-on-1 basis
  • Business Cards
    • Need these desperately! Easy for maintaining relationships
    • Card mostly done still, need to add wiki.lvl1.org link and print
  • Member Generation & Retention
    • Numbers moving up: current count 68
    • Excitement is building among visitors
    • Daniel asks people who've visited a few times about their feelings about membership, good conversion rate
      • "What would it take to make you a member?"
    • Raj's tours are working well
    • Need short info sheet on membership benefit fliers
      • Daniel has these made and up front
    • Need vinyl cutter camera signage
    • Meetup account still up; needs a few more organizers/managers
      • Ben will make this a priority
  • Renter Responsibilities & Neighbor Respect
    • Canoe team has cleaned up and no news is good news
    • Landlords dodging window & door issues
    • May need to leverage renter's agreement to get these issues resolved
  • Fixing Broken Things Fatigue?
    • Mend It Monday is working to an extent
    • Put list on whiteboard
  • Budget
    • Need to run reports
    • Biggest expense is rent and weather has been weathered
    • Electric cost is great during the non-winter months
    • Need weatherizing in order to build up coffers to spend on FAPs
    • Sean is handling winterizing of the space
    • Insurance Bill is coming up in June
      • Need to consider equipment coverage and take inventory
      • Wiki update-a-thon might help with this effort
      • Need to label things better
      • Mackenzie is slated to inventory the tools
  • Unsafe Working Conditions
    • Nothing major noted
    • Need more lighting under couches in main room
    • Need to figure out ballast health

New Business

  • Grants
    • give502
      • Daniel applied for $25000 grant for shopbot, makership, and education opportunities
      • Also working with SBA on a $50000 grant
      • Info available on director's google drive for reusing for grants
      • Eventbrite has stats on attendance and post workshop surveys
      • Danielle is going to work on making a generic feedback form
    • Tiny House
      • Building House on site
        • "Permanent" parking space
      • Registration
        • Utility trailers are not registerable in KY until you take it out of state
      • Liability
        • Sean says person's car insurance covers towing the trailer
        • What about liability for children?
        • Rider from Jesse on insuring the project
        • What about people going through house? Need to check liability of this at events
        • $50000 on low end of requesting
      • Gheens likes LVL1's mission
    • Kroger's Giving
      • Sean has everything filled out for this program
      • LVL1 apply once. Get people to go to Kroger website to register their giving
    • Amazon Smile
      • BUY THINGS FROM HERE
    • Eligible for Community Foundation for Louisville this year
      • Check for August rollout
      • Capacity building grant
      • LVL1 was the source for the most number of unique donors for their program
    • Day of Giving in October
  • Vehicle Purchase?
    • Insurance liability is too prohibitive
  • Selling equipment
    • Sell at fair market value; offer to members then public list then to the market
    • Daniel will be the point man
    • Need to show that we're disposing the asset for common sense rules
  • Events: Maker Faires
    • Jared is willing to take on organizing events
  • Signage
    • Sean has talked to a number of govt offices about painting the flood wall
    • Might need to track a grant for getting public art that is a sign for LVL1
    • Art can be covered up if/when LVL1 moves
  • Birthday Party on July 8th; 5 years old!
    • Needs to happen the weekend after July 4th
    • Might need to solicit a food truck
    • Conmen will begrudgingly organize this event (aka surprise Jared)