O/D Meeting 4/26/2016

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • Danielle
    • Nathan
    • Jared
    • Tyler ABSENT; connected in digitally.
    • Daniel
    • Raj
    • Charles
  • Others present
    • Jose

Agenda

Metrics

  • Arduino workshop
    • 11 people showed up on 1 week notice
    • 100 learn a things
    • 60 posted open hours
    • 1 more laser cutter working
    • laser training recently
      • not as many people as we’d liked?


    • LVL1 is doing more and ought to do even more workshops in the near future.
  • Jared still needs to make a for-the-teacher cheat-sheet of things we want to know about workshops.
    • Charles suggested that one ought to advertise for upcoming workshops during their workshop.
    • Upcoming workshops:
      • nathan’s arduino workshop
      • how to workshop workshop (who?)
      • rpi workshops (who?)
      • ctf workshop
      • CNC workshops coming up
      • Welding workshops coming up

Old Business

  • Makerships
    • Makerships are on an upswing now?
    • Tyler will send out confirmation email to makership recipients.
    • Makership mentors need to be more transparent and present.
      • Danielle needs to follow up with Chris.
  • Member Generation & Retention
    • New member orientation
      • the First Tuesday of every month will be new member orientation, 1 hour before the meeting.
    • Updated the membership form with more details about rules.
      • Wiki page reflects the new form, but does not yet reflect streamlined payment process.
    • Attention needs to be given to ensuring member storage is only being used by member.
      • Nathan will contact members about their shelves
    • If membership keeps increasing we may need more member shelves soon.
    • Large member storage is also problematic, but it's a separate problem.
  • HVAC install starts next week
    • Some member shelves need to be moved.
      • Tyler is taking care of this
  • Money
    • LVL1 tax exempt form complete
      • maybe a new document for governing day-to-day operations
      • Danielle is doing this.
    • Grants
      • SBA grant still has $24993 to be spent on HVAC, and other things.
  • HVAC
    • get a cover-ass note from landlords about the HVAC.
      • tyler and dainelle will talk to the about this and get a note to the landlords.
  • Space Cleanliness
    • lost and found has been happening, and seems to be working.
    • paint on the ground where trash cans go
      • Danielle will do this.
    • cave troll meme to guilt people into being excellent.
      • Danielle will do this also.
    • scrap sorting, linguistic choice of omitting the word scrap may help pieces get organized properly
  • Charles' Gold Stars are a big hit
      • They need documentation, who was awarded it, when, why, etc.
      • Jared made a page, hasn't been updating it, (sorry.)
      • Charles ordered more and they're coming on the slow boat.
  • Facilities Maintenance
    • By and large things are fixed when they are broken. (Thanks Nathan)
    • Laser Cutter
      • Regular maintenance of outtake tube and fans etc. Nathan added this to the cleaning log.
      • Vent Pipe was installed.
    • Broken Buttons
      • There are 7 of them up and running, ready to be installed in the space.
        • when?
  • we need to insulate the metal shop
    • Jared will get with interested parties about making this happen.
  • Space security has been an issue, people leaving doors unlocked and leaving, etc.
    • Tyler and Cave Troll are working on an indicator panel that will let all know of the open/closed status of all exterior doors in the space.
    • Cameras are almost done, thanks Bill
    • Danielle is contacting the landlords about the parking lot camera.
  • There are two new work benches for rpi and shapemoko
  • Programming:
    • long-term projects are in the works:
      • power wheels - for detroit MF
    • How-to Festival with LFPL - weekend after derby.
      • Jared is in contact with Hannah from the library.
    • maker faire detroit - when?
    • maker faire louisville - in the fall, early september.
    • collaborations with neighboring hackerspaces
      • hive 13?
      • Prishina Hackerspace Cosovo?

New Business

  • Woodshop/Metalshop Upgrades
    • Woodshop is happening faster than the Metalshop
      • Progress is happening in both fronts.
  • How do we take out recycling? do we teach members how to do it?
    • recycling goes in the dumpster and trash goes in the cans, both live out back.
  • lge last month $642 way better than $1800 from last time.
  • tyler has a debit card now.
  • landlord needs to take care of room number labeling.
    • who is doing this?

Minutes

Meeting Start: 9:07 PM Meeting Stop: 10:14 PM Notes Taken by: Jared