O/D Meeting 3/24/2015

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • Danielle, Ben, Daniel, Nathan, Patrick, Sean, & Jose
  • Others present
    • Terry, Raj, Will, Tim, Joseph, John, Josh, Jason, Charles

Old Business

  • E-Waivers
  • AC installation
  • Community Foundation Day of Giving (May)
  • Makership
    • List of winners on the wiki? Would be good to have a list of their projects.
    • Written project feedback was not formally required. May need to amend this?
    • Need to have them update the wiki, write a blog post, etc.
  • Workshops
  • LVL1 Membership Application Processing
  • Business Cards

New Business

  • Member Generation & Retention
  • Renter Responsibilities & Neighbor Respect
    • Need proactive solutions and not reactive measures
  • Fixing Broken Things Fatigue?
  • Budget
  • Unsafe Working Conditions

Minutes

Old Business

  • E Waivers
    • First pass on iPad2 membership automation system; working well
    • Possible FAP on iPad2s to fulfill system
    • Need to secure the tablets
      • Will be secured to kiosk and space
    • Data stored with docusign program and stored on the cloud
    • Want to switch payment provider
      • Members need to cancel paypal and sign up for this new service
  • AC Installation
    • All equipment in
    • Need to install; need help with this
    • Can run duct work now
    • Cannot easily install heater into the line
    • Heating Solution for Next Winter
      • Need to focus on insulation
      • Some programs and grants available for helping non-profits trying to reduce their bill
      • No building permit required
  • Community Foundation Day of Giving (October; might happen in July)
    • Need to talk to Brad
    • Ben will work on Community Foundation & social networking
    • Find things to use money for
    • Other grants & funding opportunities
      • Kroger has a rolling donation setup with their Kroger Plus Card
      • Also Amazon Smile
  • Makerships
    • Need to push on social media
    • Jose will follow through on his commitment by next board meeting
  • Workshops
    • Danielle is wanting to start a Workshop-of-the-Day, a regular workshop about every other week
      • Need to set agenda; taking care of logistics issues with setting up workshops
    • Charles' experience with workshop: hard to get people to go through eventbrite but personal ties helped to get people in
    • Best days for workshops seems to be Friday to show off the community of LVL1
    • Welding workshops may resume when Patrick gets more personal time
    • Terry is wanting to host woodworking workshops; may tie into Danielle's idea
  • LVL1 Membership Application Processing
    • See Ewaivers discussion
  • Business Cards
    • Need to pester Joseph
    • Need help with signage to show where LVL1 entrance is
    • Check city for flood wall mural


New Business

  • Concrete Canoe Team Cleanup
    • Tasks
      • Server cleaning on the outside casing; compressed air
      • Clean bar
      • Mop floors
      • Offer to clean member storage
      • Large flat surface areas
    • Timeline
      • Tasks to be complete by April 3rd
    • Nathan will help supervise cleaning
    • Will will start on Tuesday
  • Member Generation & Retention
    • Patrick's Thoughts
      • Image we're projecting on Google Group: not showing the fun, competing for their entertainment dollars
      • If message board is the only way we present ourselves then that is the problem - Jose
      • Webpage & updated blogs would help project a better image of LVL1
      • May need to revamp website to move it away from a blog and add flickr feed
    • Need to reconcile membership list again
    • Danielle's Thoughts
      • Our climate was terrible this winter; activity level plummet
      • Convention presence; need more active outreach effort
        • Need to contribute judges for events in exchange for publicity
        • Supply volunteers for MakerMobile
    • Let's have a membership drive!
    • Raj's Thoughts
      • Why don't we have video streaming?
      • No one has really made a setup that's reliable
      • Sean will take of this setup
    • Nathan's Thoughts
      • FirstBuild is good competition and we need to compete with activity and culture
      • Need to keep more open hours
    • Need to be friendly to new people
    • Optional: alert website that space is open
    • Need directors to talk to new folks more to set the expectation in the culture
    • Email Patrick what you can teach for learn@lvl1
    • Need to fix the LVL1 Tour
      • Take away option for people to give the tour and have a long time member or director give the tour
      • Need official greeter role
  • Renter Responsibilities & Neighbor Respect
    • Nathan: Need proactive solutions and not reactive measures
    • Need more signage for laser cutter fumes
    • Need to define policies
      • No painting in the space
      • No power tools/dust making outside the bunker
      • Leave laser cutter on and fan running for 5 minutes
    • Ben's Thoughts
      • Need basic plan for where we can store things
      • Do not need to find a new space/sign a lease
  • Fixing Broken Things Fatigue?
    • Mend it Mondays
  • Budget
    • Need to build membership
  • Unsafe Working Conditions
    • Metal plates on the floor need to be bolted to the floor
    • Spacing out tools
    • Need to swap drill presses
    • Need to grind down brick wall in woodshop
    • Mend it Monday: Air compressor
    • More lights in the wood shop & metal shop