O/D Meeting 3/18/2014

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present

Brad, Danielle, Nathan, Tim, Joseph, Ben, Cherith

  • Members present

Chris C., John H, Sean M., Jose C., Justin, Justin L., Joe, Bill S., Patrick J., Gary F., Gerrit C.

Minutes

  • Makerships
    • Program: Getting multiple contenders for each month
    • Perpetual makerships are happening thanks to kind donation
    • Cash: 2+ makerships still available
    • Thanks Joseph for helping Herman
  • Building
    • Other spaces entertained but will now be shelved pending our current move.
    • Shine still a good contact for future real estate
  • Science Center Donations
    • Still need to pick up copper. Email Danielle to set a date to grab it.
    • Tim & Ben will scrap the copper.
  • LVLUp Kids Group
    • Danielle put a request for conversation with lawyer
    • Wanting to start meeting informally with families to establish community
    • Suggestions for space presented
  • Community Foundation Grant
    • Spent $1500 on Officer's and Director's Insurance
    • Laser cutter manufacturer has been contacted
      • Higher power, red coloring, better specs than I3Detroit's laser cutter
      • Cost: $6000
      • Need to get it shipped from L.A. and need to go through the customs import
      • Spare parts and software discussed
    • FAP not needed because this money was raised by membership
    • Money from ADA project moved to cover moving expenses
    • Shelves will be bought for new building
    • Anything in this building that's not permanent and not needed should be resold
  • Brad has a secretary of state filing to do
    • Done
  • Tim sent out books and financial snapshot
    • Done
  • Need to add Aaron to broken@lvl1.org
    • Done
  • Brad wants directors to perform their duties more thoroughly
    • Directors need to ensure officers are doing their duties
  • Need creative ideas to enforce wood shop cleanliness
    • Need to spray paint notices
    • Maybe mention it more strongly at the general meetings
    • Simple Mother implementation to listen for tools being used
    • Vacuums need to be upgraded or cleaned
    • Roombas could be used
    • Give out Makership ideas or bounties
    • Hack the new space hackathon proposed
    • Education may help with keeping the space clean
  • New purchases:
    • Tables may need to be purchased
      • Plastic ones probably
      • Need some solid tables for sewing
    • Need more trash cans
      • Huge ones; in between 30 gallon and 55 gallon
      • Bluegrass Kesco might be able to supply some barrels
    • Need a science sink
      • Accomplish this at the new space
    • Dishwasher
      • EPIC FAIL
      • Need one with garbage disposal
      • Need to consider buying a new one or certified one
  • LVL1 signed up for Day of Giving
    • Day of Giving will give LVL1 funds. Trying to solicit fund to help with moving expenses
  • New Business
    • Moving
      • Officers & directors will review the lease, compare it to the letter of intent
      • Execute lease
      • Then begin move out & cleaning
        • Need to leave this place empty
        • Permanent upgrades should be left in place
          • Sink okay to take for example
        • Waste Management may give us dumpsters
        • Need to remove bathroom wall in new space
        • Clean out loose crap & garbage-garbage
        • Sort between usable and unusable stuff
        • Destroy all walls and brick knee walls
        • Metal wall needs to be kept for landlord
      • Have a layout in place by next week
        • Minimize the number of walls
        • Need permits pulled
        • Need to keep functionality or enhance functionality
        • View initial layout as a flexible target for upgrades later
      • Kickstarter to be run to reduce cost of drywall
        • $5000 goal
        • Need everyone to email friends, family, and contacts for giving
        • Rewards:
          • Stickers, tshirts, build a brick workshop, LVL1 discounts (maybe not workable), class on whatever you want
          • Others: Need a suggestion for "medium cool" rewards
          • Need a cheat sheet for news, events, and other high profile aspects of LVL1
      • Money
        • Will give up naming rights for just about anything
      • Building regulations
        • Can now have a LVL1 sign
        • Cannot alter building exterior
      • Mailboxes
        • Up front; we also have a package box
        • Can have packages delivered directly to LVL1 door
      • Schedule
        • 3 weeks to each movement plus 3 week slack
        • Need to look at Derby schedule and try to avoid derby stuff
      • Lease
        • Anyone can look at this & review it but directors will choose to accept or decline
      • Internet Access
        • Several options out there; Brian and Sean will scope out
      • Need a lot of volunteerism
        • Would like to tap into other sources
          • Boyscouts, GE, Science Center and other organizations
        • Need some coordination
          • What to keep and what to toss
        • Hard date being set for people to move their stuff: JUNE 8TH
          • If your stuff is not moved by then, it will be considered abandoned
        • Adding hard rules to the amount of space projects & members take up
        • Need to be vocal about the things being done at each meeting
      • Building Layout
        • Directors will choose a layout and run with it. It will be presented.
        • If people want to contribute then they'll be allowed to.

Old Business

  • Director's Insurance
    • Acquired. We are now covered with $1,000,000 of Director's and Officer's insurance for 2 years.
  • Makerships
  • Building
  • Science Center Donations
  • LVLUp Kids Group
  • Community Foundation Grant
  • Brad has a secretary of state filing to do
    • Chris will aid in a way
  • Tim sent out books and financial snapshot
  • Need to add Aaron to broken@lvl1.org
  • Brad wants directors to perform their duties more thoroughly
  • Need creative ideas to enforce wood shop cleanliness
    • New hired person may need to keep tabs on people who don't clean up messes?
    • May need to refresh spray painted notices
  • New purchases:
    • Tables may need to be purchased
    • Need more trash cans
    • Need a science sink
    • Dishwasher
  • LVL1 signed up for Day of Giving
    • Brad to be finding out details

New Business

  • LVL1 Is Moving!