O/D Meeting 12/02/2014

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • Brad, Danielle, Joseph, Nathan, Ben, Cherith, Daniel J.
  • Members present
    • Patrick J., Tim M. Josh W., Sean M. Jose C., Raj, Chris C.

Old Business

  • Community Foundation Grant Fund Usage
    • Still need to use funds
    • Laser money mostly spent (In December will spend on extra mirrors and lenses.)
    • Cleaning service
    • CNC funding
      • Buying mods for ZenBot, Shapeoko, and funds for software.
    • Air conditioning upgrades
      • Need to spend it to get AC going in the stair well
      • What's required?
      • Classroom needs some sort of airflow for the class room
    • Shelving:
      • Need to use shelves that were used for boneyard for large member projects.
      • Boneyard Closed
    • Open hours support
      • Directors and officers insurance paid for.
      • $4000 left
      • Would like to hire a part time worker to support, Does not fall under 1099.
      • Employee would have to be a member. Can we require a person to be a member in order to fulfill? Spend money to figure out.
      • Tax implications?
      • Should spend the money and try it versus not spend the money and have it disappear.
  • Makership
    • Averaging 1 a month. Not as active as it once was.
    • Currently a committee is made each month regardless
    • Funding?
    • Need more advertising outside the traditional areas (like LVL1)
    • Need to publish success stories
    • Need Mentors?
  • LVLUP Kids Group
  • Board of Advisors
    • When do we appoint?
      • Established in July, directors in January so you have overlap.
    • How do we elect/appoint?
      • Membership involvement?
    • Who do we elect/appoint?
      • Suggested: Lawyer, accountant
      • Codify the roles explicitly? Floating advisors? Max number cap?
    • How do we remove advisors?
      • Membership vote?
    • Advisors cannot be members.
  • Workshops
    • Need more workshops. No one had ideas.
  • LVL1 Announce Email
  • LVL1 Membership Application Processing
  • Digital Waivers
    • Daniel has been scanning them in.
    • Stored on Google drive. Secure area on server.
    • Conversation prior to signing waiver is important and needs to be incorporated.

New Business

  • Door access
  • Laser cutter fumes
  • ConMen

Minutes

  • Last Meeting for this group
  • Old Business
    • Community Foundation Grant Fund Usage
      • Laser fund exhausted with carbon purchase
      • Cleaning crew coming in every 2 weeks
      • CNC upgrade FAP incoming
      • Sean is tackling the new AC unit
        • Money being mostly spent on materials, labor is being provided for free
      • Shelving spent out
      • Brad is talking to a lawyer
      • Final report due Jan 30
      • Eligible for 2015
      • Theme? Always capacity building. Example: software to get more grants
      • No external signage. Can money be used for this? Landlord does not want signage.
        • Signage needs to be artistic.
    • Makership
      • Funding reupped.
      • Two applicants for November
      • Need to add environment section to application. Concerned for concrete dust.
      • Withold reimbursement until blog post is made? No condition currently, can't force, but need to strongly encourage them
        • Daniel will focus on publishing
    • LVLUP kids Group
      • Expired.
      • Need better communication to community to get their kids to go to MakerPlace and not LVL1. Velocity wsa advertising LVL1 to kids.
    • Board for Advisors
      • Reward may not be worth the fight with members.
      • Not necessarily a need at this moment.
      • Daniel will be talking to a CPA to get some questions answered
      • Need to compile a list of people talked to
    • Workshops
      • Jason Latta, Joseph, and Chris have stepped up
      • List of people on each equipment wiki page? Need to protect email addresses.
      • Suggestion: learn@lvl1.org
      • Brad is prospecting Autodesk Inventor workshop
      • Brad is trying to organize web conference with New Horizon mission
      • Nathan is looking at Eagle CAD
    • LVL1 Annouce was made
    • Digital Scanning
      • Should we purchase 1-2 android tablets via Community Foundation for digital waivers?
        • Does it have the same legal standing? Will ask lawyer.
      • Stopped scanning paper copies.
      • Ben reviewed this with a lawyer before. Always be sure to have a conversation with someone when they sign it.
  • New Business
    • Door access complete
      • Need training for directors (5-10 minutes)
      • Brad will document this
      • Should be hearing about garage door soon
    • Laser Cutter Fumes
      • Smell fumes, get person to stop
      • Rafters to fume out the window?
      • Patrick will install ventilation in metal shop in December
    • ConMen
      • No events on the docket
      • Need email for people to request our presence at events
    • Elections in January
      • Third Tuesday in January: January 20
      • Email will be sent tomorrow or Thursday opening the floor for nominations
      • Can officers provide a time estimate? Other organizations provide this
      • List of candidates finalized 1 week prior to elections
    • Sean proposes a Help LVL1 Hackathon to get wiki up to date
    • Daniel proposes wish list of LVL1's needs to help organize people
    • Daniel is spending money to order glue sticks, toner, and other perishable supplies
    • Chris C cleaned up palleted member's storage
    • Dust collector needs to be attached permanently to tools.
      • Flips GFI breaker in workshop