O/D Meeting 1/15/2013

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • President - Brad L.
    • VP Josh W.
    • Secretary - Aaron V.
    • Tresurer - Tim M.


  • Members present

Minutes

  • Discussed officer meetings
    • Move to quarterly instead of monthly?
    • Going to try them quarterly, third Tues of the quarterly month
      • April 16th next meeting
    • Third Tuesday of the month, quarterly

Old Buisiness

  • Directors insurance, Mark lost the quote
    • That will be forwarded to Tim
    • School Factory has a contact for that
  • 501c3
    • Still waiting to hear back from Deniese... - Chris C.
    • In limbo. Last communication November.
  • MakerShips
    • 3 more active
      • Lindsey, Danielle, and Divinity
    • $588
  • Conglomeration
    • April
    • Mind over Melon?
      • Raise money for Makerships?
      • Allow people to sponsor makerships and control the type of makership
        • Ex: Conglomeration sponosrs a makership that's centered around prop making or something like that
      • Rapid protoyping in cosplay panel? Joe P. and Aaron V.
  • Blogging and Wiki
    • We need more blog posts!
      • Justin is volunteering to help. Possible writeups:
        • Muddy Tech
        • Game Dev
        • Needs more! Give your tips to Justin.
      • If you want to make a post contact Brad, we'll get you a login
    • Thanks to Jose for keeping up with projects on the wiki
    • Hack-A-Day likes LVL1 posts, send them in
  • Business Cards
    • We have them!
    • They're running out :(
    • Reorder cards
      • Add weekly meeting date and time to the cards.
  • Railing
    • New railing on the stairs. Thank you Ben!
    • We need railing on the other stairs, the banister across the top of the music loft is not high enough.
    • Some debate on what we're missing, need to check the code.
  • Electricity upstairs
    • We need action soon.
    • Josh W. will get a quote by next weekend.
      • We have $250 for electricity to the air compressor.
    • The extension cords are a problem upstairs.
      • Please unplug extension cords when they're not being used.
    • We will do the work, the electrician is needed to sign off.
  • Sucession Plan
    • We just succeeded!
    • Chris and Mark will help with our "boardmanship".
    • Done!
  • CPA
    • Mark found one we can use for an hourly fee.
      • We want him to review our taxes.
      • Mark is concerned about what we need to keep track of when we're a 501c3.
  • Workshops
    • Need more workshops
    • Coming up:
      • Prusa Build
      • Silicoln Molding
      • Build your own PCB - Brad
      • Rocketry by Nathan?
      • Watercolor painting or working with clay? - Ben
      • Crochet? - Sam
    • Pester Ben for more, Justin and Tyler less.
    • Anything is good! These always help the group.
  • Member Shelving
    • John was close, Chris is finishing up.
    • We have $490 left for member shelving to close out the FAP.
    • There are some concern about the bins, may just get some bins.
      • Tim M. volunteered.
  • Attack the Boneyard!
    • This happened, was successful.
    • Need to do it again. We hit the max trash for the first one.
  • Door entry
    • Sync Marks DB with a Raspberry Pi. -Chris C.
      • Needs a test environment.
    • Where to show that the door is unlocked?
      • Should we show that the door is unlocked outside?
      • People wait outside waiting for the door can be opened.
        • Put up a sign?
        • Tyler voluteered for this.
      • General consesus is have outward facing.
  • Mother opt in for space open
    • Get rid of it for now.
    • Mother is not being maintained.
    • Free to be taken down or taken over
    • Hacktivity is down since last power outage, Mother doesn't take reboots well
    • Gerrit may have a replacement, Robot Operating System
      • Need to label the servers
  • Printer cartridges
    • $250 to refil them all
    • Tyler is getting new cartridges
      • Just get black?
    • Aaron will bring in a black and white printer, old printer will go away.
  • Lihgs on the building are out
    • They are fixed!
    • Lights in the parking lot are now out.
    • Crhis is talking to the landlord.
  • Monthly reporting on the Treasury
    • We need to keep Tim on task
  • Parking lot cameras
    • ORI's lot, not a lot of action
    • James got his car back!

New Business

  • Setting goals for directors
    • Update the wiki
  • Need to get addresses for new directors
  • LVL1 is doing well!
    • 50+ members
    • Fiscally stable
    • Only challenge we (Brad) forsee coming up is about the building.
      • Lease is up in July.
      • Chris may have a lead to a bulding a block or two away, waiting to meet with the person.
  • Increase emergency funds?
    • We have 6 months of rent and utilities set aside, as set by the bylaws.
    • Possible member vote to put money aside for the possibility of moving.
    • Josh W. has an empty tractor trailer as a worst case scenerio.
  • Josh W. sang "I'm a Little T-Pot"
    • Jose is not jelous

Quotes

  • "If we're going out we're going to explode. Violently." - Brad L.
  • "So if we steal people's cars they'll join..." - Gerrit