O/D Meeting 04/10/2012

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Attendees

  • Officers and Directors present
    • President - Chris C.
    • Brad L.
    • Josh W.
    • Director Dan B.
    • VP Jon C.
  • Officers and Directors not present
    • Secretary Tim M.
    • Treasurer - Mark E.
  • Members present
    • Jose C.

Minutes taken by Brad

  • Store
    • Should be up and running by the summer
    • Resistors and Capacitors free as of tonight
    • If workshop stuff is needed, talk to Brad directly
  • Mark still hasn't checked in on Director's Insurance
    • School Factory does NOT provide LVL1 with Director's Insurance
  • 501(c)3
    • Waiting on updated financials for 1023 filing.
    • First draft of 1023 rewrite is done, based on Center for Non-profit excellence recommendations.
    • Chris will call for 30 day extension this week.
  • School factory paperwork has been sent off
  • GLI wants to donate money for the makership
  • Meeting with GLI + CM Tandy went very well, the councilman was reserved about the concept, but GLI was very excited
  • Blog post, need to hold the hands of people to post more stuff
    • Get people to blog for others?
    • Bug people that are doing cool stuff.
    • Jon will provide traffic information re: blog posts.
  • Jon will post business card pricing on wiki
  • Finish up inspection items
    • Softball tests for railing
    • Electricity run up-stairs
    • Need railing down stairs
    • Armorflex for piping
  • Need a crap purge
    • We need a tactful way to handle crap removal
    • Brainstorm for ways to get rid of stuff
  • We do not intend to leave this space soon
    • Signing another year lease with the Zink's
    • No more word from Marc Verdi about the place in Portland
  • Ted Smith + City Hackathon
  • Mark needs to check on the banners
  • Joe P wants to work on a succession plan for transitioning leadership
    • Mark and Chris hitting term limits
    • Possibly worth reaching out to school factory
  • No further word on UofL Makership
    • One lead on applicant
  • Current makerships significantly lacking in the blog post arena
    • "Here's what's happened" post
    • Milwaukee wants to copy our makership!
  • Messiness is devolving
  • Safety FAP in progress
  • Kitchen done in 2 months
    • Need to figure out donated services with School Factory
  • Vehicle for LVL1 (Jon)
    • Jon thinking about allowing people to use his van for anyone with ID on file.
    • No LVL1 ownership or insurance
    • Any outstanding issues?
  • The lack of workshops is too damn high
    • Raspberry Pi
    • Linux Kinect Workshop?
    • Freeduino
    • Time Fountain
    • Talking Arduino
    • Electronic Fireflies
    • C for Microcontrollers
    • What workshops would you like to see poll
    • Geek Dad workshop
    • Food workshops
  • A/C for Upstairs
    • Raj bringing some in?