Welcome to LVL1!
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers!
- To all the people who voted the toolbox FAP, 45 total votes is quite impressive!
- David and Tiffany for the minute by minute updates yesterday! It got quite wild.
- It's that time of the year again. Time to elect new officers to lead LVL1 through 2020! This year, we'll be having elections on January 21st! This means that all nominations must be submitted by January 14th.
- LVL1 is lead by a board of 4 officers, and 3 directors-at-large. You can read about the duties, responsibilities, and obligations of the positions in our bylaws, here: http://wiki.lvl1.org/Bylaws
- In order to be nominated as an officer or director, you must have been a member for six consecutive months prior to January 20th. This means that anyone who joined LVL1 on or before July 21st, 2019th is eligible for nomination.
- Please feel free to nominate yourself, and if you are nominated, please accept or decline your nomination.
- If you have any questions for anyone who has served as an officer previously, feel free to ask away.
- Nominating and voting for your next set of officers is one of the most impactful decisions you can make! LVL1 is, and always will be, a member-lead organization. Now's your chance to nominate your member-leaders, so: Have at it!
Explanation of the election process
- Voluntary Suspension of Voting Rights
Those members who do not wish to be included in voting matters may voluntarily suspend their own voting rights by notifying the secretary in writing or electronically. Members who suspend this right retain all other benefits and responsibilities of membership, but will not count as an existing member only in matters of establishing quorum. Voting rights can be reclaimed at any time by notifying the secretary or by casting a vote on any issue, and from that point on they shall remain counted towards quorum unless and until they voluntarily suspend their voting rights again.
Quorum for a vote of the membership of LVL1 shall require at least 50% of the existing membership, not including those which have voluntarily suspended their voting rights and those who have been removed from quorum count for inactivity, on the day of the vote. For the purposes of calculating the quorum, properly submitted proxy statements by members shall count as attendance.
- Removal from Quorum count for inactivity
Within 30 days after each annual meeting, the Secretary or Vice President shall send notice to all members who have not voted in the preceding two board elections notifying them that they will no longer be counted towards quorum unless they notify the Secretary within 30 days. Those members who do not respond affirmatively within 30 days will no longer count towards quorum. Those members can restore their quorum count by notifying the Secretary or by voting in the next board election.
The Tim VanSandt Makership LVL1 Makership
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline - Last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- The FAP passed!
- The large lathe should be back up tonight.
- The drill press table adjustment is still down.
- We are investigating or modifying the press with a counterweight.
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment. QUIT REMOVING THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT. if your project is too big for the table saw, make a smaller project. Community safety is more important than your personal convenience
- Please give me as much information as possible; i/e links to websites. Consumables are difficult to find sometimes and I am not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it off site. The boneyard isn't your own personal storage shed.
- E-waste meeting in the back after the main meeting
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? Tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be converted to non-minors by a TARDIS or DeLorean as available
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- email@example.com - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- FREE stickers by the sign-in station! (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- Louisville Sound builders - fortnightly Mondays at 8:00pm, next one on 12/9/2019 (hosted by Chris Cprek)
- Make things that make noise!
- Night of The Hat - fortnightly Mondays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm, next one on 12/16/2019 (hosted by The Hat)
- Soldering, Open making
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 9:00pm, next one on 11/19/2019
- Open to the public!
- Dust Collector! We have some exciting ideas for the miter saw in the works. (hosted by Paullllll)
- Power Racing Series - Back in action; on Wednesdays now (hosted by Ned or David)
- Build an electric Go-kart out of a PowerWheels
- Threadsday Thursday - every Thursday Night from 7:00pm to 9:00pm (hosted by Madeline)
- Code Night - in the classroom 6:00pm till 8:00pm (hosted by Rob)
- all languages are welcome.
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - every Friday at 8:00pm
- Watch a movie of wildly varying degrees of quality
- Or be subjected to YouTube Hour with ████████████
- Bring a project work on while you ignore the movie
- Ignore your project while you work on the movie
- Group food order (usually pizza, $7/person, or Chinese, $9/person) around 7:30pm
- Fix It Friday (by appointment only)
- Let us know at a Tuesday meeting that you want something repaired that Friday or post a request on our Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1) so we know to expect you and what you need repaired.
- Holiday workshop - December 14 @ 1pm (hosted by The Hacker Formerly Known as Broken and the Grand Nagus)
- Holiday Party - December 21 (hosted by The Hacker Formerly Known as Broken)
- White Elephant Hackathon - December 20-21 (hosted by The Hat)
- Bring a box of parts from failed or decommissioned former projects
- Exchange the boxes according to White Elephant gift exchange rules
- Make an awesome project using parts you have received!
- Parts exchange will happen Friday, December 20 at approximately 8:00pm
- You will be judged by those of your peers who are present and conscious on Saturday, December 21 at 8:00pm
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!
- See a director for t-shirts ($10 - cheap)!
- Tour starting by the front door!
- E-waste meeting in the back!
- Meeting Start:
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide: