First Time Visitor Info
- Are there any 1st time visitors? Tour at the end of Meeting.
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!
- LVL1 Means of Communication
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Facebook, Twitter
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org Anyone can receive the email!
- Something broken? Email email@example.com
- firstname.lastname@example.org if you have a need to contact those "in charge"
- Culture of Cleanliness - Clean up after yourself. Get a FREE Clorox Wipe!
- Includes clean tables, surfaces.
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! 10 bucks a piece
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase. Shop at smile.amazon.com: pick us as your nonprofit; some proceeds come our way.
Ben for hosting the Lvl1 Thanksgiving dinner!!!
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- What do you need for that project you are making?
The Shop vac has arrived for the metal shop If it breaks or needs replacing email email@example.com. Even if it is a 1/8th inch drill bit! **
Please EMAIL me your request with as much information as possible; i/e links to websites. Consumables are difficult to find sometimes and I am not a mind reader!
Regular Weekly Meetups
Night of The Hat (Fortnightly Mondays, next 12/11 @ 8 PM) *** Learn to solder, work on Inter-hackerspace "Naval Strategy Game", Kittens, and open making.
Louisville Soundbuilders (fortnightly Mondays, next meet up is 12/4 @ 8pm
LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesdays @ 8pm) Learn-a-thing before the Open Meeting - Yea Jared! Directors Meeting (3rd Tuesday of the month, Directors meeting is 11/21 @ 9pm in classroom)
Derby Py Meetup ** Discussion of Python related topics next meeting is 12/7 @ 6:30) https://www.meetup.com/derbypy/ Meetup
Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (Friday @ 8pm) or you could Watch a terrible movie and ignore your project! Or maybe work on your project and ignore a terrible movie... The choice is yours. Pizza and Chinese are usually ordered at approximately at 7:30p (~$7/person) Chinese is approx. (~$9/person)
FRIDAY NIGHT is also Fix It Friday * Bring your Broken stuff to Ben!
Upcoming Workshops and Elections
Time for nominations!
** Here are the 7 positions: ** 4 officers: President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer ** 3 directors-at-large
Submit nominations on the Lvl1.org google group message board (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/lvl1-members/PAZ22wu2SNQ) until Tuesday, Jan. 9th
The official vote will occur Tuesday, January 16th, at the 8PM meeting
Minimum requirements for officers/directors
- Must currently be a member
- Must have been a member for at least 6 consecutive months prior to the vote
- Must fulfill the duties for each position as required in the bylaws
Cuttlefish Bone Pewter casting - Dec 3rd 3pm-5pm Brian Wagner will be hosting! sign up at lvl1.org https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cuttlefish-bone-pewter-jewelry-casting-workshop-tickets-40109275924
Budget Meeting 12/12/2017 in the classroom 9pm
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- September Makership Application Deadline - Thursday, 11/30 @ 11:59 PM, if you'd be interested in peer reviewing the applications and being on the Makership selection committee.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
SHOW AND TELL!
- See Andy for t-shirts!
- Meeting Start:
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide:
- Notes Taken: