First Time Visitor Info
- Are there any 1st time visitors? Tour at the end of Meeting.
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!
- LVL1 Means of Communication
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Facebook, Twitter
- If you want to help with social media, see Brian
- Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Send email to email@example.com Anyone can receive the email!
- Something broken? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Culture of Cleanliness - Clean up after yourself. Get a FREE Clorox Wipe!
- Includes clean tables, surfaces.
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! 10 bucks a piece
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase. Shop at smile.amazon.com: pick us as your nonprofit; some proceeds come our way.
- Makerfaire Crew
- Skydogcon Crew
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- What do you need for that project you are making?
- The Tig Welder is up and running
- The 3d printers are all working! We are fully stocked!!! Filament has arrived we now have lots of assorted colors! PLA,ABS,PETG
- All dry goods have been restocked
- The new WIFI Radios are here and installed!
- Please clean up after yourself.
- If it breaks or needs replacing email email@example.com. Even if it is a 1/8th inch drill bit! **
Please EMAIL me your request with as much information as possible; i/e links to websites. Consumables are difficult to return!
Regular Weekly Meetups
Night of The Hat (Fortnightly Mondays, next 10/30 @ 8 PM) *** Learn to solder, work on Inter-hackerspace "Naval Strategy Game", Kittens, and open making.
Louisville Soundbuilders (fortnightly Mondays, next meet up is 10/23 @ 8pm
LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesdays @ 8pm) Learn-a-thing before the Open Meeting - Yea Jared! Budget Committee Meeting led by Tim Miller 10/24/2017 Directors Meeting (3rd Tuesday of the month, Tonight is the Directors meeting 11/21 @ 9pm in classroom)
Derby Py Meetup ** Discussion of Python related topics (4th Thursday of the month, next 10/26 @ 6:30) https://www.meetup.com/derbypy/ Meetup
Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (Friday @ 8pm) or you could Watch a terrible movie and ignore your project! Or maybe work on your project and ignore a terrible movie... The choice is yours. Pizza and Chinese are usually ordered at approximately at 7:30p (~$7/person) Chinese is approx. (~$9/person)
FRIDAY NIGHT is also Fix It Friday * Bring your Broken stuff to Ben!
Upcoming Workshops and Other Events
- CNC Certification class will be held on Oct 26, Nov 6th and 9th. 10 dollars
- Sumobot Halloween party - 10/28 Sumobots
- Archer Hack-a-thon - 11/3-11/5 - Make some awesome spy stuff! We have a boneyard full of spy making materials. Do you want ants? Because that is how you get ants.
- Open Sew and Sutchering - We have sewing machines, sergers and embroidery machines. Nov 8th - 6pm - 9pm
- LED Workshop - Saturday 11/11 @ 10a - Andy
- Nov 18 - LVL1 Purge and Cleanup day! Getting another dumpster. Boneyard work. Red/Green Tags. Member storage! Fighting Entropy!
- Cuttlefish bone silver casting - Dec 3rd 3pm-5pm - Brian
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- September Makership Application Deadline - Thursday, 10/31 @ 11:59 PM, if you'd be interested in peer reviewing the applications and being on the Makership selection committee.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
SHOW AND TELL!
- See Andy for t-shirts!
- Meeting Start:
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide:
- Notes Taken: