1/18/11

From LVL1
Jump to: navigation, search

Agenda

  1. Please Sign in on the meeting attendance roster.
  2. Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
  3. n00bs! Check out the LVL1 Quickstart info sheet next to the liability waivers. Feel free to ask questions.
  4. Space Upgrades
    1. Ugh, Heat still being worked out
    2. Cleared out equipment recycling
  5. KYOSS Meeting Recap
  6. Hackerspace Cupcake Challenge sent
  7. LanWar recap
  8. LVL1 in the media
    1. Grace's write-up in consuminglouisville.com
    2. White Star Balloon featured on Make blog
    3. LEO article coming out tomorrow
  9. Upcoming Workshops & Events
    1. Linux SIG 1/19
    2. Let Them Tweet Cake Mintiboost Workshop + cupcakes 1/26
    3. Freeduino Soldering Workshop 1/29
    4. Follow-up Freeduino/Arduino Development workshops after that (TBD)
    5. Android App Development workshop (2/16)
    6. KMAC Art Exhibition April 1st
    7. Derbycon happening Fall 2011
  10. Meeting Financial Report
  11. LVL1 Officer / Director Elections
    1. Time to Vote!
  12. Project Rollcall

Minutes

  1. Call to order - 29 hackers present
  2. Treasurer's Report (none)
  3. Old business (none)
  4. New Business (none)
  5. Annoucements
    1. Whitestar is on the Makeblog this week about how to measure the volume in the balloon.
    2. LEO article about LVL1 should hit the news stand on Wed, Jan 19.
    3. Grace needs volunteers to help with her workshop on Jan 26
    4. Jan 29 is a Freeduino workshop taught by Micro colonel.
    5. Feb 13 is a Freeduino Frenzy workshop. This is a Freeduino 201.
    6. Mike Moore will do an Android Developers workshop on Feb 16.
    7. Mark asks that everyone email him with any planned expenses.
  6. Election (Quorom is present, 27 out of 31 members and proxies)
    1. President: Cprek
    2. VP: Wagner
    3. Treasurer: Endicott
    4. Secretary: Hardin
    5. Directors: Pugh, Luyster, Martin
    6. Adjourn at 8:50 pm

Directors Meeting Minutes

  1. Call to order at 8:50 pm by Cprek
  2. Present: Luyster, Martin, Endicott, Cprek, Wagner, Hardin
  3. Absent: Pugh
  4. Plans ideas for next year
    1. Endicott wants to see better organization of records. Cprek suggest a 2 tier wiki for members and non-members.
    2. Cprek wants to see project decision and finance software completed... maybe media wiki.
    3. Endicott wants to see a new project for telepresence. (Hacker space rovers.)
    4. Luyster wants to keep hammering at growing the membership. Maybe need to change the name of members. Maybe need to consider names like voting member and contributing member. "Pseudoer" ... other ideas???
    5. Cprek would like to see google groups used more for tech discussions. Have another media for club business activites to keep the 'noise' down... a second wiki for paying members only.
    6. Wagner wants to maybe have amember MakerFaire.
    7. Hardin wants to see us proceed with 501C3 application
    8. Need to have an annual report for year ending Dec 31.
    9. Tyler would lke to see us get our heating and cooling in order.
    10. Cprek talked about JFCS and their grant to see if they would be interested in renting the front of our space.
    11. Hardin talked about need for a media person. Cprek offered an idea to maybe add a new position as director fo media.
  5. Adjourn at 9:35 pm.