First Time Visitor Info
- Are there any 1st time visitors? Tour at the end of Meeting.
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!
- Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Send email to firstname.lastname@example.org Anyone can receive the email!
- LVL1 Means of Communication
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Facebook, Twitter
- If you want to help with social media, see Brian
- Culture of Cleanliness - Clean up after yourself. Get a FREE Clorox Wipe!
- Includes clean tables, surfaces.
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! 10 bucks a piece
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase. Shop at smile.amazon.com: pick us as your nonprofit; some proceeds come our way.
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- Oculus camera is now working! Take pics...
- On Order - 2 new air hoses
- A thermister kit for the Pursa 3d printer
- Wood Glue
- shop vac for the wood shop
- 9 prong plugs and wire ties
- tools exclusively for the 3d printer
- safety guards for the table saw are here and installed. If you need to remove them for any reason, please put them back on
- Please do not make power setting changes on the small laser. The board was overheating.
- Remember to always stay with your projects while using the lasers!
- Please clean up after yourself.
- We have installed the New software for vinyl cutter (see Joe) and V-carve on the CNC machine (see Meech)
- If you need anything fixed or something needs to be repaired or replaced please email Broken@lvl1.org
Even if it is a 1/8th inch drill bit!
Regular Weekly Meetups
Night of The Hat (Fortnightly Mondays, next 9/18 @ 8 PM) *** Learn to solder, work on Inter-hackerspace "Naval Strategy Game", Kittens, and open making.
Louisville Soundbuilders (fortnightly Mondays, next meet up is 9/25 @ 8pm
LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesdays @ 8pm)
Learn-a-thing before the Open Meeting - Yea Jared!
Directors Meeting (3rd Tuesday of the month, Tonight is the Directors meeting 9/19 @ 9pm in classroom)
Derby Py Meetup ** Discussion of Python related topics (4th Thursday of the month, next 9/28 @ 6:30) https://www.meetup.com/derbypy/ Meetup
Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (Friday @ 8pm) or you could Watch a terrible movie and ignore your project! Or maybe work on your project and ignore a terrible movie... The choice is yours. Pizza and Chinese are usually ordered at approximately at 7:30p (~$7/person) Chinese is approx. (~$9/person)
FRIDAY NIGHT is also Fix It Friday * Bring your Broken stuff to Ben!
Upcoming Workshops and Other Events
- Give Good Louisville - Thursday 9/14 - proceeds to go to Jewelry making stations and equipment!
- Live streaming shopbot cutting names into plywood
- Any help would be great. I will be at the space at 8 to start the livestreaming - anyone know how to do this?
- LARGE MEMBER STORAGE Purge - 9/16 - Take your projects home! Unless they are to be used for upcoming MakerFaires or actively being worked on.
- Derby Con 9/20-9/24
- Milwaukee Maker Faire is 9/23 - 9/24 - talk to David if interested.
- The National Day of Civic Hacking is on Sep 23 at LouieLab, with a focus on advancing STEM learning and community workshops - http://www.civicdataalliance.org/hackathons/
- Data for Democracy Hackathon Sep 29-Oct 1 at LouieLab. D4D focus will be on data security online for community activists. - http://www.civicdataalliance.org/hackathons/
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire will take place October 7-8 at the historic Hamilton County Fairgrounds.
- Louisville Mini Maker Faire - 10/20 - 10/21
- Sumobot Halloween party - 10/28
- Archer Hack-a-thon - 11/3-11/5
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- September Makership Application Deadline - Thursday, 9/30 @ 11:59 PM, if you'd be interested in peer reviewing the applications and being on the Makership selection committee.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
SHOW AND TELL!
- See Andy for t-shirts!
- Meeting Start:
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide:
- Notes Taken: