First Time Visitor Info
- Are there any 1st time visitors? Tour at the end of Meeting.
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! 10 bucks a piece
- LVL1 Means of Communication
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Facebook, Twitter
- Wan't to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Send email to email@example.com Anyone can receive the email!
- Culture of Cleanliness - Clean up after yourself. Get a FREE Clorox Wipe!
- Includes clean tables, surfaces.
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase. Shop at smile.amazon.com: pick us as your nonprofit; some proceeds come our way.
- Brian for pulling off "The End of The World Party"
- Shoutout to Jim, Jared and David for all of the great work that is going on in the Metal and woodshop!
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- Brian is looking for someone to build a low-tech & high tech sensory board for our Alzheimer’s/Dementia patients. Something like a light bright meets activity board. Micheal Buckman Nazareth home in Clifton. If interested contact Brian
- Composite nails have arrived
- Electrical supplies have arrived
- Hot Glue gun and glue sticks have arrived
- On Order - safety guards for the table saw
- Please do not make power setting changes on the small laser. The board was overheating.
- Remember to always stay with your projects while using the lasers!
- Please do not use metal and oil in the woodshop and vice versa
- The 3-d printers are all operational! Huge thanks to Kevin and Tim for all of the help in keeping the printers working
- New software for vinyl cutter (see Joe) and CNC machines
If you need anything fixed or something needs to be repaired or replaced please email Broken@lvl1.org
Even if it is a 1/8th inch drill bit
Regular Weekly Meetups
Night of The Hat (Fortnightly Mondays, next 9/4 @ 8 PM) *** Learn to solder, work on Inter-hackerspace "Naval Strategy Game", Kittens, and open making. Louisville Soundbuilders (fortnightly Mondays, next meet up is 8/28 @ 8pm
LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesdays @ 8pm) Learn-a-thing before the Open Meeting Directors Meeting (3rd Tuesday of the month, Tonight is the Directors meeting 8/22 @ 9pm in classroom)
Derby Py Meetup ** Discussion of Python related topics (4th Thursday of the month, next 8/24 @ 6:30) https://www.meetup.com/derbypy/ Meetup Drone Meetup - (4th Thursday, next 8/24 @ 8 PM) Talk shop, fix your drone, and take flight! http://www.meetup.com/Louisville-Drone-Group Meetup
Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (Friday @ 8pm) or you could Watch a terrible movie and ignore your project! Or maybe work on your project and ignore a terrible movie... The choice is yours. Pizza and Chinese are usually ordered at approximately at 7:30p (~$7/person) Chinese is approx. (~$9/person)
FRIDAY NIGHT is also Fix It Friday
Bring your Broken stuff to Ben!
Upcoming Workshops and Other Events
- How to make your own perfume from essential oils with Amy Shah on Wednesday, Aug. 30, 2017 Please signup!!!!
- First Build - Hack The Home Hackathon 9/9-9/10
- Derby Con 9/20-9/24
- Cincinnati Mini Maker Faire will take place October 7-8 at the historic Hamilton County Fairgrounds.
- Louisville Mini Maker Faire - 10/20 - 10/21
- Milwaukee Maker Faire is 9/23 - 9/24
- End of the World Party - third try April 8 2024
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- August Makership Application Deadline - Thursday, 8/31 @ 11:59 PM, if you'd be interested in peer reviewing the applications and being on the Makership selection committee.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
SHOW AND TELL!
- war on dust!
- Meeting Start:
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide:
- Notes Taken: