First time Visitor Info
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- PARK ONLY IN THE ORI LOT OR ON THE STREET
- If you park in our neighbors private lot, they will block you in for fun.
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Culture of Cleanliness
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- (Josh) - Red Bull Cans.
- Posted 10/22/2013
- Two Mylar weather balloons or giant white spheres
- Bernheim Connect talking tree.
- Posted 3/11/2014
- (Patrick) - Unpainted, non-galvanized scrap metal for welding workshops.
- Posted 2/25/2014
- (Michael D.) - Dummy / flexible rescue aide
- Posted 5/27/2014
- LVL1 wins Inventables 50 States 3D Carving Machine Giveaway contest!
- Prize: Desktop CNC Mill Kit - Shapeoko 2
- Thanks to Brian for applying on behalf of LVL1!
- Makerbot PLA Printer down again?
- Nozzle appears to be leaking.
- Missing numerous hand tools!
- Please check your tool bags for any LVL1 equipment.
- Return tools to their resting places!
- If you don't know where a tool belongs, put it in the plastic bin on top of the red tool cabinet.
- The quickest way to get something fixed is to let us know that it is broken! Send broken equipment reports to Broken@lvl1.org
- This includes supplies like toilet paper and soap!
Space Moving Update
- Big thanks to everyone who's helped this past week
- Lots of trash has been removed, still more to go!
- Working to pull permit, purchase supplies for new walls
- HOW YOU CAN HELP:
- Moving trash pile to dumpster (new dumpster should be delivered)
- Members: PLEASE MOVE YOUR STUFF OR IT WILL BE LEFT AT THE OLD BUILDING!!!!
- If you have problems with moving your stuff, please contact the directors.
- Items not removed or brought to Director's attention by June 1st are considered forfeit.
- Grand Re-opening target: JULY 12TH!
- Sound Builders (fortnightly Mondays, next 6/9 8pm)
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesday 8pm)
Upcoming Workshops and Events
- Patrick's Ongoing Welding Workshops
- June Makership Deadline - 6/30 at 11:59pm
- More info about the Makership program at http://www.lvl1.org/makership
- Maker Faire Detroit - July 26 - 27
- Call for Makers: http://www.makerfairedetroit.com/call-for-makers/
- Tell them you're with LVL1!
- Danielle is LVL1 Coordinator this year
- Louisville Mini Maker Faire - September 27, 10AM - 10PM
- Applications for Exhibits: http://makerfairelou.org/makers/2014-maker-application/
Project Roll Call
5 Minute Maintenance and Cleaning
- Attendance: ~35
- Meeting Start: 8:02 PM
- Meeting Stop: 8:40 pm
- Dinner: Ben made stir fry
- Tour Guide: Cody
- Notes Taken by: Nathan A
- First Time Visitors
- One new person here at least
- Equipment & Supplies Wanted
- Patrick does not want any more metal until after the move
- Someone is converting a computer to a NAS. Need connectors for SATA drives.
- Divinity is looking for a company with extra space in a warehouse or unused space for photography and project storage
- Bob Setree needs help with ladder logic / looking for ladder logic guru
- Jared is looking for a spare computer monitor ANDDDDDDDD IT'S TAKEN CARE OF ON THE SPOT! BOOM!
- Space Upgrades
- Thank you very much Brian!!!
- Look for online mail thread to express interest in milling/carving
- Space Downgrades
- Status of PLA printer is unknown
- Space Moving Update
- Thank you very much Gary for helping fill out a dumpster!
- Brad will be at the space tomorrow from 6:30 til 9:00
- Start boxing up Boneyard junk! Use the moving supplies purchased!
- Regular Meetups
- JSLou meets at 7 PM.
- Last week's movie was Disney Atlantis
- This week's movie: Bond film (no title given)
- Nothing new added.
- Upcoming Workshops & Events
- Makership recipient is making a new toolbox for hand tools
- Andrew Spence from Louisville Science Center is hosting the Youth Science Summit on June 14th. Looking for people to interact with children. Can talk about your career or host a workshop for high schoolers.
- Project Roll Call
- Gary bought an Arduino shield that programs ATTINY chips and showed it off
- Jared has an old rotary telephone. He's working on replacing the guts with more up-to-date innards.
- Jeff is working with a LiDAR unit. Trying to detect water falling.
- Congrats to U of L Rocket Team.
- Pete R. teaches film making. He made a movie and submitted to a competition. Movie is viewed
- Brad has been working on RFID access board for the new space
- Cindy has more kits to solder for the science center; needs sorting help