Welcome to LVL1!
People doing cool things for their fellow hackers! Shout outs this week go to:
- Jeff McCord for organizing and hosting, and Joe Grossman for assisting, the break-room cabinets Space Upgrade Project!
- Steff for organizing a spectacularly successful Space Improvement Day!!
- Everyone who helped with SID: Marcin, Tiffany, Small Paul, Jim, Justin, Alex, Cody, Rob, Eva, Sawmill John, Ben Woods,
The Tim VanSant Makership = LVL1's Makership Program
Note: This program is funded completely through donations and NOT through our membership dues.
- We currently have enough funds to offer a Makership. Please submit an application to become a member of LVL1! See our treasurer to make a donation.
- Makership Application Deadline is the last day of each month @ 11:59 PM.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of LVL1 membership and $100 reimbursement toward your project expenses.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- If your application is not approved, PLEASE revise and resubmit next month!
- If you would like to donate ($5/mo) to this worthy cause, see one of the directors and we can set you up!
- Both Prusa 3D printers are in working condition.
- The Rabbit Laser HAS BEEN UPGRADED!!! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE learn the new system before using the laser.
- Resources, manuals, tutorials, and information are available in multiple places, such as on two computer desktops, the wiki, the members list, the hackerspace group....
Please make sure that you review the instructions and manual and ask for the training prior to using the equipment.
- QUIT REMOVING THE SAFETY GUARDS AND RAILS FROM THE EQUIPMENT.
- If your project is too big for the table saw, make a smaller project.
Community safety is more important than your personal convenience.
- If something is broken or needs replaced, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Please supply as much information as possible; links to websites or items are GREATLY appreciated. Consumables can be time-consuming to find; broken is not a mind reader!
- If your project doesn't fit on your shelf or in large member storage, please take it offsite. The boneyard is not your own personal storage shed.
- Member hosts are responsible for the space and non-member guests
- Member hosts are empowered to ask visitors who do not conduct themselves according to LVL1's policies and community standards to leave
- More details on the Members' List
- Questions? Please contact a board member
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time Visitors? There will be a tour at the end of Meeting -- Please sign the waiver of liability
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Being unsafe is being unexcellent!
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended minors will be inserted into the Matrix to offset our heating and cooling bills
- Always leave equipment at least as safe as you found it
- Do not leave equipment running unattended
- Do not block access to storage or exits
- LVL1 Means of Communication - http://www.lvl1.org/connect/
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Meeting Minutes, equipment information, and projects on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Facebook, Twitter, Meetup
- email@example.com - Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Want to help facilitate any of these things?
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Something broken? Something needs to be restocked?
- email@example.com - ideas for space upgrades go to Steff
- firstname.lastname@example.org - Need to contact those who are ostensibly "in charge"?
- Culture of Cleanliness
- Please clean up your mess and keep the space usable for your fellow hackers!!!
- Get a FREE Clorox Wipe! Clean all the surfaces!
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! $10 each
- FREE stickers by the sign-in station! (You have signed the waiver, right?)
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! Shop at smile.amazon.com and tell them we are your favorite non-profit! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase at no extra cost to you!
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a regular meetup, see one of the directors and we can get you set up!
- Louisville Sound builders - fortnightly Mondays at 8:00pm, next one on 2/10/2019 (hosted by Chris Cprek)
- Make things that make noise!
- Night of The Hat - fortnightly Mondays from 7:00pm - 9:00pm, next one on 2/17/2020 (hosted by The Hat)
- Soldering, Open making
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making - Tuesdays @ 8:00pm
- Directors Meeting - Normally the 3rd Tuesday of the month at 9:00pm, next one on 3/21/2020
- Open to the public!
- Woodshop Wednesday! Currently doing ongoing upgrades, cleanup and maintenance. (hosted by Paullllll)
- Power Racing Series - Back in action on Wednesdays, building our 2020 car, usually beginning around 7:00 pm to about 10 or 11:00pm (hosted by Ned and/or David)
- Build an electric Go-kart out of a PowerWheels, travel regionally to MakerFaires to race against other teams who have done the same
- Code Night - in the classroom 6:00pm to 8:00pm (hosted by Rob)
- All languages are welcome.
- Threadsday Thursday - every Thursday Night, 7:00pm to 9:00 pm (back to our regularly programmed schedule), (hosted by Madeline)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night - every Friday at 8:00pm
- Watch a movie of wildly varying degrees of quality
- Or be subjected to YouTube Hour with ████████████
- Bring a project work on while you ignore the movie
- Conversely, ignore your project while you watch the movie
- Group food order (usually pizza, $7/person, or Chinese, $9/person) usually placed around 7:30pm
- Last Friday, ████████████ was AWOL and we were subjected to VelociPastor, redefining "wildly varying degrees of quality" and Bad Taste, of equally questionable quality.
- Fix It Friday (by appointment only)
- Let us know at tonight's meeting that you'd like help with a repair, or post a request on our Google Group (https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1), so we know to expect you and what you need repaired.
- Cosplay United workshops, one per month, first or second Saturday (next one on 3/7/2020) of the month - noon to 4:00pm, (hosted by Randy)
- Cosplay United open builds, one per month, third or fourth Saturday (next one on 2/22/2020) of the month - noon to 4:00pm, (hosted by Randy)
- Saturday, February 29, micro weather station workshop put on by Brian and Andy
- Saturday, March 14, 11-2 Space Improvement Day!
- We'll have a list of projects, including covering more windows, hanging the TV. If you have ideas for a project, see Steff or email email@example.com.
Want to host an event? We'll make it happen!
- See the Hosting Guide on our website: http://www.lvl1.org/hosting-guide/
SHOW AND TELL!
Need help or materials for a project?
Need a project for any materials?
Tell us what you're hacking on!
- See a director for t-shirts ($10 - cheap)!
- Tour starting by the front door!
- Attendance: 33 people, 5 new
- Meeting Start: 8:00
- Meeting Stop: 8:53
- Tour Guide: Danielle