- Patrick Helping out with Andy's car
- Kevin and Tim for working on the books and the space and everything else they do!
- Paul and crew! The dust collection system is coming out great
- The part to repair the table saw has arrived... it is a 5 hour job! any volunteers
- on order, cups, clear recycling trash-bags has arrived
- The 3d printers and vinyl cutters have a cash box next to them. Please pay for your materials
- If it breaks or needs replacing email firstname.lastname@example.org. (even if it is a 1/8th inch drill bit!)
- Please EMAIL me your request with as much information as possible; i/e links to websites. Consumables are difficult to find sometimes and I am not a mind reader!
First Time Visitor Info
Are there any 1st time visitors? Tour at the end of Meeting? Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- Minors must be attended by Parent/Guardian! Unattended children will be given an espresso and a puppy!
- LVL1 Means of Communication
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/lvl1
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki: wiki.lvl1.org
- Facebook, Twitter
- Google Hangout https://hangouts.google.com/group/KrvEvKVKapRzznlh2
- Want to learn something new, get some equipment training, or host a workshop? Send email to email@example.com Anyone can receive the email!
- Something broken? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- email@example.com if you have a need to contact those "in charge"
- Culture of Cleanliness - Clean up after yourself. Get a FREE Clorox Wipe!
- Includes clean tables, surfaces.
- T-Shirts are on sale after the meeting in the classroom!!! 10 bucks a piece
- We have an Amazon Smile account. PLEASE USE! LVL1 gets .05% back from each purchase. Shop at smile.amazon.com: pick us as your nonprofit; some proceeds come our way.
Regular Weekly Meetups
If you would like to host a meetup on whatever see Brian and he will help you get set up!
Night of The Hat (Fortnightly Mondays, next 2/19/2018 @ 8 PM) *** Learn to solder, work on Inter-hackerspace "Naval Strategy Game", open making. Louisville Sound builders (fortnightly Mondays, next meet up is 2/12/2018 @ 8pm
LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesdays @ 8pm) Learn-a-thing before the Open Meeting - Yea Jared! Directors Meeting (3rd Tuesday of the month, Directors meeting is 2/20 @ 9pm in classroom) TONIGHT!
The weekly Dust Collection system build night. 7-9 see Paul for details
Derby Py Meetup ** Discussion of Python related topics next meeting 2/27 @ 6:30) https://www.meetup.com/derbypy/ Meetup
Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (Friday @ 8pm) or you could Watch a terrible movie and ignore your project! Or maybe work on your project and ignore a terrible movie... The choice is yours. Pizza and Chinese are usually ordered at approximately at 7:30p (~$7/person) Chinese is approx. (~$9/person)
FRIDAY NIGHT is also Fix It Friday * Bring your Broken stuff to Ben!
Upcoming Workshops and Events
- Monthly Makerfaire Louisville Workshops (4th Wednesday of the month; next FEB. 28th @ 6:00 PM)
- Co-hosted by Makerfaire Louisville and LVL1, Make something every 4th Wednesday of the month until Makerfaire 2018.
Stay tuned for details
- Contact: Jared
- Sat, Feb 24, 2018, 1:00 PM - 7:00 PM
LVL1 Hackerspace, 1205 E Washington St, Louisville, KY 40206, USA
This hackathon takes place in one afternoon. All projects must be started and finished in 4 hours and 4 minutes. Any project which you or your team believe can be started and completed in the time allowed is welcome! No restriction on theme, materials, content, danger level or amount of therapy needed by witnesses. Projects can be virtual, mechanical, structural, electrical, artisinal, biological, medical, illogical, whimsical, etc.
See our web site for more details: http://www.lvl1.org/2018/02/05/404-hackathon/
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
- September Makership Application Deadline - Thursday, 1/31 @ 11:59 PM, if you'd be interested in peer reviewing the applications and being on the Makership selection committee.
- Submit your project for a chance to win 3 months of membership and $100 toward your project.
- Apply at www.lvl1.org/makership
SHOW AND TELL!
- Also equipment and supplies wanted (What do you need for that project you are making?)
- See Andy for t-shirts!
- Meeting Start:
- Meeting Stop:
- Tour Guide:
- Notes Taken: