First time Visitor Info
- Prime Directive: Be Excellent to Each Other
- PARK ONLY IN THE ORI LOT OR ON THE STREET
- If you park in our neighbors private lot, they will block you in for fun.
- Waivers of Liability - Please sign if you have not already
- Our website / calendar is www.lvl1.org
- Sign up for our Google Group discussion list
- You can find all of our Meeting Minutes on our wiki
- 5 Minute Maintenance and Cleaning
Equipment and Supplies Wanted
- (Muddy Tech) - Computers P4 or higher and LCD Monitors
- Posted 11/13/12
- (Tim) - 1/4" copper fittings
- 5 x 100 lb. Propane Tanks
- 1/4" copper tubing at least 2' long.
- posted 6/11/2013
- (Josh) - Red Bull Cans
- Posted 10/22
- (Josh) - Golf Cart or forklift motor Controller (Any condition)
- Posted 11/12
- (Divinity) - Pipes, gauges, spikes -items to be used for steampunk props for photoshoot for graphic novel - pre-made steampunk items for borrow also ok and appreciated + Lots of candles
- The quickest way to get something fixed is to let us know that it is broken! Send broken equipment reports to Broken@lvl1.org
- This includes supplies like toilet paper and soap!
- Sound Builders (fortnightly Mondays, next 2/3 8pm)
- Rope Work and Vertical Caving (1st Monday of the Month next 2/3 @ 6pm)
- Caving Special topics Meetup (3rd Monday of the Month next 2/17 @ 6pm)
- LVL1 Open Meeting & Making (Tuesday 8pm)
- Muddytech Computer training (6pm upstairs)
- Looking for students
- Sewing Workshop (3rd Thurs. of the Month @ 7pm, 2/20)
- Bring in an unfinished project, start something new, learn and sew it up!
- Drone Meetup (4th Thurs. of the Month @ 8pm, 2/27)
- QUACC tickle your interest in Multirotors, UAVs, RC, or any other type of drone? Show up on the 4th Thursday!
- Muddytech Computer training (6pm upstairs)
- Irregular Movie and Open Build Night (~7pm)
- Game Dev Group (12pm)
Upcoming Workshops and Events
- Patrick's Ongoing Welding Workshops
- January Makership Deadline - 1/31 at 11:59pm
- More info about the Makership program at http://www.lvl1.org/makerships
- Sumobot Open Office Hours - 2/4 and 2/18 6-8 pm
- Brian has graciously agreed to host 2 sumobot meetings to support GE's internal sumobot competition for engineers week. Anyone interested in discussing sumobots and helping a group of sumo newbies is welcome.
- How to vectorize images and do cool things with them - Feb 7th at 6pm
- This will be a quick workshop on taking arbitrary images, turning them into vectors, and then using them on machines like the vinyl cutter and laser cutter.
- GE / LVL1 Appliance Hackathon 2/8 10am - 2/9
- Free Raspberry Pi and schwag, Prizes of $500, $250, $100
- Email Myles Caley at GE: email@example.com to register and sign NDA
- Registration deadline 1/31
- WEP Cracking workshop - Feb 15th, 3pm
- Get a USB Wireless Adapter, Kali Linux DVD, and learn how to crack WEP!
- Eventbrite: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/wep-what-is-it-good-for-absolutely-nothing-cracking-wep-101-tickets-10324814799
- Engineer's Week @ Kentucky Science Center - Feb 20-22 (Mostly Sat the 22nd)
- Looking for folks to bring projects, contraptions, feats of engineering, etc. to show off.
- Contact Joseph - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Chicken Husbandry - Feb 22nd, 6pm - 8pm
- Details to hatch soon.
Project Roll Call
- Attendance: ~45
- Meeting Start: 8:03
- Meeting Stop: 8:35
- Dinner: Ben made spaghetti!
- Tour Guide: Raj
- Notes Taken by: Nathan A.
- Equipment & Supplies Wanted
- Nothing added.
- Space Upgrades
- Bill donated more knives. Thank you!
- Space Downgrades
- Makerbots: left extruder on both is down. Repair in progress.
- Breaking things happen all the time. PLEASE INFORM US!
- Regular Meetups
- Sound builders working on dodecahedron speakers. Subwoofer system is being put together.
- Maker Ed. is continuing to work on JCPS School of Innovation proposal. Help make school better!
- Brad is still trying to shirt
- Drone Meetup is happening on Feb 27th, not Feb 21st!
- Irregular movie night is irregular. May or may not happen this week. People will probably be around though!
- Upcoming Workshops & Events
- Past weekend, the Global Game Jam occurred. Building is cleared of cadavers. Three games were made over 48 hours!
- If you're interested in welding, contact Patrick J.
- GE Hackathon will have prizes involved! Get registered!
- You can do hardware hacks to it (e.g. beer tap, but no alcohol allowed)
- Bring all your cool projects and help LVL1 show up the other vendors at Engineer's Week.
- Someone needs to figure out how to keep the "interrupt the pendulum" tradition and continue terrorizing the LSC!
- We need more folks to run workshops! If you know ANYTHING please teach that ANYTHING!
- Project Roll Call
- Jason has a visual puppet for the LSC Engineer's week. Will demo the control software for folks (Touch Designer).
- Gary has finished the Raspberry Pi station located at the workbench! Any one can use this station to do Pi development!
- Gerrit: Please vote on FAP to upgrade (+1 or -1) to decrease costs and increase functionality. New hardware includes computers, servers, and routers. Will include video editing software.
- Kyle H and Daniel P. are using dollar tree foam to make 2 fighter jets. Bode costs $2.50 and electronics cost $30.
- Please everyone contribute 5 minutes to clean the space before leaving!